I pretended to be something I'm not just to get the girl?

I'm not a confident, extroverted guy. I feel confident sometimes and I feel insecure sometimes. Plus, I'm the perfect archetype of an introverted nerd. People always told me to "always be confident, because girls dig it". And as I said, I'm not a confident guy, it's just not who I am, and as girls always lost interest in me, I began to fake it, and now I'm in a relationship...(Plus, I've noticed that the "girls can sense fake confidence" crap is a myth. They appear to do so because the guy gives it all away in his body language...)

Sure yeah, having a relationship is awesome, but dammit, she doesn't like the real me. I'm pretty sure she'll leave me once she finds out that I'm not a confident guy... I get insecure sometimes, but that'll turn her off, and she will no longer be attracted to me... Should I keep lying to her or just be honest and ruin our relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep it real, be yourself man.

I have found women like my closed off exterior, I come across as mysterious and interesting because I am not easy to get to know and I am not easy to understand.

But once when the breach the castles defenses, there lies an ickle bear that sometimes gets a little bit grizzly.

What Girls Said 1

• In my opinion you should tell her who you really are... if she likes you like she claims she does she will accept u for who u are... she mite be a little hurt that u lied but its better late than never... so in my opinion tell her

What Guys Said 2

• She's not worth having unless she accepts you as you are. Having said that, then its you that's been telling porkies. Come clean with her and see how it goes. Advice is of course easier to give than take.

• unless all you want is sex, tell the truth