Can you like/love someone you haven't talked to or seen in months?

Do you think you could still really like someone or love them if you haven't hung out or even talked through text in months?
Could it be real, or would you like only the idea of them?

(There's this guy that really like me for about 8 months. He went to study abroad and I assumed he would come back and would have forgotten me. We haven't really talked for about 5 months, while he was away, now he's back and all is the same...)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you only like the idea of them. I used to like a girl who moved away years ago. I didn't talk to her for about two years since then. One day I thought, why not message her and arrange a meeting? At that time I thought, I'd totally love her. But it was only the idea of her that I loved; when I met her, I noticed things changed too much and I don't really like how she is now, I only liked the way I imagined her over all the time.

What Guys Said 1

• Of course you can, if he felt that way about you before he left then it's always going to be there. Now the percentage that he does miss you could have rose or drop while he was away. I miss my ex and I still love her and always will. Have you tired to contact him, or did he try?

What Girls Said 1

• Definatly, my ex I went out with last October to December, he was the first guy I've ever truly loved. However I haven't spoken to him properly since about February and even now, two boyfriends and one year since we broke up, he crosses my mind every single day, even if I don't think I love him anymore