Girls: Would you date a guy with diabetes?

Girls: Would you date a guy with diabetes

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• If he took care of it And didn't let it define him, then yeah. But I wouldn't date someone that refuses to take their medications and crap like that.

• Of course.

• sure, why not?

• actually, type 1: yes
      type 2: no. because it takes an unhealthy lifestyle to end up with type 2 diabetes.

• Yes, it wouldn't be a problem

• Sure I would.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm a type 1 diabetic. I haven't ever had a girl freak out because I have type 1 diabetes. I've had girls freak out because they've known me for a long time and they never realized I had it because it's not something I flaunt around. That's not the bad kind of freak out though.

Having diabetes though has caused me to encounter several type 2 diabetics. Most of them have it as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle. A lot of times they will try and externalize members of the opposite sex turning them down by claiming that they have a problem with people with diabetes or something. Pretty sure they just don't like fat people though.

There may be some girls out there who, given a perfectly healthy, sexy, type 1 diabetic, would still not date the type 1 diabetic out of fear for genes and children or something. Get mad at them all you want, but that's perfectly understandable.