Would this be considered racist?

okay so I am interracial...white mom, dark skinned father. I've been raised by my mom in an all white family, community etc. my problem is that any time any Hispanic or african american guy shows a romantic interest I immediately dismiss the thought of being his girlfriend. I just don't see myself with anyone who is not white. I don't mind friendships with varying races only relationships...is this bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• It should be your choice and you are free to have a relationship with whomever you wish. I am white and my daughters father is black so she is in the same boat as you are. Only difference today is you are 18 and she is only 4 but a few years down the road she will also have to make these decisions. I should add that her father is very much in the picture and would give her the very same advice.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone has personal preferences and they are entitled to them. They evolve and change over time, and they are influenced by what you are exposed to, your culture, etc, but you can't actively change them.

I have a Thai friend who only dates African Americans. One of my brothers only dates preppy white girls. I don't find preppy girls very attractive, and tend to like the more natural type of girl. One of my sisters is really partial to Hispanic guys. It is just a matter of preference.

• It is racist if you are not dating because of their skin color so if that's the reason It is VERY BAD!

• Not at all, its just what you like. Such as if you were to only like guys with blue eyes, there's nothing wrong with either.

• We'll it depends... If its because your just not attracted to them then No its not racist its just an issue of attraction but if it's because their Black or Hispanic then YES it is a little racist. Its just the hard truth.

• That is totally fine. It's not like you hate colored people or anything. I have a similar situation myself.

What Girls Said 6

• you can't help who you like, my bff is the exact same way. nothing wrong with personal preference, that's why it's "personal." all that matters is, you find someone you like

• Nope. Your attracted to white dude.

No shame there. It's not like ur rocking a white hood.

• It's you life, live it how you want to live it, not like someone who has to care what everybody else thinks. What ever is comfortable for you is right...

• No. I guess. not. I'm white and I very much like my men mixed.

• no it's not bad

• you didn't need to post this twice.