Can you ask a person for coffee even if their in a relationship?

Personally I would do it to get to know person but I'm curious to see what people think

Most Helpful Girl

• i personally wouldn't mind if u weren't trying to hit on me.
    i dislike it when men suddenly think that when a girl has a bf, he just can't speak to her. like wtf? what is this, primary school?

if i ever get to know someone who's that annoying jealous type, then i won't even bother wasting his time. there needs to be trust in a relationship. if trust isn't there, whats the point?

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't do it if they're narrow-minded lmao, and yea I've asked some co-workers for coffee and some have asked me it doesn't always mean ur gonna start automatically dating, its just a "get to know u" thing

• Yeah I feel ya lol and that sums it up for me some people interpret it as dating which it really isn't lol

• Lol yea like one time this guy asked my narrow-minded friend for coffee and she was like "WTF i don't wanna date u" it was so embarrassing for the guy lol

• LOL wow can imagine his face lolol

• I dont think their is anything wrong with it. You're just trying to get to know the person better. As long as its clarified that it's NOT a date, then its fine. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you can't hang out with others!

• I wouldn't, unless I was also inviting his girlfriend along. I prefer to respect others relationships.

• I dont think there's anything wrong about it, its fine as long as their partner is comfortable with it.

• Yea, its fine as long as you're just friends, you're both on the same page and the other persons gf/bf is fine with it (just saying some people get jealous).

What Guys Said 5

• i don't see anything bad in it... you can go for coffee with everyone.

• that depends entirely on your intentions.

• I don't see why not, I like getting to know people.

• Anybody can do anything if you're willing to accept probable consequences.

• what else would you do? ask for sex?