Age gap for a relationship?

how old is too old?
What's a too big age difference?
I'm 17, and a 19 yr old likes me...
How do I bring this up to my mother?

Most Helpful Guy

• Supposedly, the older one's age divided by two then add seven is supposed to be the youngest they should date.

19/2 = 9.5
    9.5+7 = 16.5

So there you have it, it's fine!

Anyway, that's not that bad, you could be just two grade levels apart and that seems pretty normal.

What Guys Said 1

• 2 years is nothing. Don't see why this would be a problem to your mother.

What Girls Said 5

• ill speak for myself only.

i wouldn't date anyone over 5 years older than me or over 2 years younger than me.

• Personally I don't think that's a big age gap at all. I could see concern if he were like 25 or something. 19's not bad though.

• Too old too me is more then 6 years older. Its just too much of a gap by then.

2 years is more then a reasonable age gap. There's 4 years between me and my boyfriend (I'm 19, he's 23) there's 12 years between my folks.

Just calmly bring up the age difference to your mom, I wish the best for you guys 😊

• 2 years is nothing, my grand parents were 20 years apart (it was still a huge difference back then) and my parents are 4 years apart

• 2 years is alright. Talk to your mother calmly and point her the reasons why you like him.
    I am sure she will understand.