How long should you get to know a girl before having a first date?

I met this girl at a party a few weeks ago. She came up to me and introduced herself, we then spoke for a bit. At the party, my firends noticed that this girl was looking at me and the week after the party, at school, I noticed that she was looking at me, smiling everytime we walked past each other. A week ago, I built up the courage and asked her to the school dance. She usually sits at a table with her friends so I sat down next to this girl and I noticed that all her friends started looking and smiling at her. We then started talking about the school dance and I asked her if she'd like to come with me and she said "yeah, id love to!" and then blushed. The dance was last night. I went and picked her up at her house, drove her to the school, opened the door etc. Throughout the night, we danced a bit but for most of the time, she seemed to just want to talk to me. We spoke for a couple of hours and we got to know each other a lot. At the end of the night she thanked me and said that she had a really good night. We both had a really good night and seemed to enjoy each others company. I feel like taking things further but do you think its too early to ask her out for a date? ( I assume the school dance didn't count as a date). If it helps im 17 and she is 16.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not too soon, strike while the iron is hot! Fyi, it was a date, the school dance, you asked her out, she accepted. Ok her interest level is high, probably around 90% keep it by asking her out, get her number, be specific about times and place. However, if you talk, let her talk about herself mostly. Have fun kid and congratulations on your date, and in no time, she'll be your girl.

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly, I don't think there are really any set rules for how long you should wait before you ask someone out... Just do whatever feels right for you. Don't push yourself, but don't hold back just for the sake of it either..

• You should totally ask her out again if you like her!

• Ask her out. She's clearly crushing hard on you. Just take it slow and get to know each other little by little while going on dates. :) good luck!

• Immediately! Don't wait any longer

What Guys Said 5

• Imho, you can ask a girl out at any time you met the person.

Example you go to a friend's get together or party or you go clubbing and upon meeting and flirting with a girl on the first day meeting her... if the girl gives her number to you, it means

*you piqued her interest
    *she's available
    *she's expecting a call
    *she does in fact want to go out with you sometime

So in lots of cases flirting and getting a girl's number means "hey let's go out sometime."

• ideally a date should be the second or third time you see a girl. you want her to think of you romantically immediately. the other approach is to befriend her and let love blossom slowly but imho nothing beats the sparks from being confident and sweeping a girl off her feet

• Yes, ask her out! Or else you will fall into the friend zone.

• no not to early. ask her out

• 5 minutes is more than enough.