How long should you get to know someone before you ask them out?

As stated above, when you ask a stranger out for a date its nit as effective as knowing someone a little bit before hand so I'm curious to see how long would you get to know someone before asking them out on a date (not going out for coffee)

What Girls Said 1

• Um anywhere from 1 week to 1 month

What Guys Said 1

• If the idea crosses your mind to ask a girl out, you do it immediately. You don't wait. The longer you take to ask, the less likely you'll get a yes.

• that some good advice but keep in mind girls get scared if you ask them out instantly if they don;t really know you

• Keep in mind if you don't ask, she moves on to another guy who has the balls to do so. You are slinging bullshit. I have gotten almost all of my dates from just asking a girl on the street, in a shop, wherever right on the spot, right when I just met her. The idea that she "has to know you" to be "comfortable" with you for a week, a month, a year, is complete nonsense.