Just found out my boyfriend cheated on me?

He told me he was working all night but his phone was switched off so I suspected something was fishy. Later found out through his Facebook that he was with his ex the whole night. I was shocked and immediately told him its over. Instead of apologizing he's telling me that I'm being too emotional and that she's his friend and that they met because she had some personal problems. He even has the audacity to tell me that he would have told me the truth but knew I would react this way so didn't!

I told him I want to break up and he said fine and was unapologetic. I am feeling so upset what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, it would suck balls at first. Here you are, thinking that you've found someone, and one day your world just turns upside down - he's back with an ex, and that probably makes you feel like a tiny insignificant spec to him. But if anyone, guy or girl, reunites with their ex, it's just a sign that there was something about the person they've held on to, and that you were probably there to fill up the empty void in their wake.
    Could such a person care for you? Possibly. I doubt he's a terrible person in all other aspects. As for love though, forget it ever happened in their world. It's quite possible that they've reunited romantically before he broke it off with you.
    I'd say he's a weak person for jumping on the next wagon, and screw him for not being able to stand on his own. You deserve someone strong, who can stand on their own, and who won't feel the need to find a replacement if things should go wrong.
    I think you're doing the right thing. Get to doing things you like, spend more time with friends, and go on a motherfuckin' adventure! You're single now, and not bounded by anything, so embrace it. Who knows, you may meet someone on the way. Just make sure not to invest too much of your time and attention in the beginning, as it will be much easier to sniff out the keepers from the weepers this way. Slow and steady wins the race, but seriously- Focus on yourself first. Hook up here and there, but I'd avoid relationships if I were you.
    Another option you have is that you can keep being sad about it, while making no effort whatsoever to recover, because you're sad that he's gone.
    Your choice :)

What Guys Said 6

• There's so much cheating, can't the people who cheat just get together and the people who don't stay with each other and be loyal? You did the right thing just have to focus getting over the ass. I know how you feel so hugface.

• if they were doing something on the up and up he would have kept his phone on and let you know ahead of time instead of lying about it. he was clearly in the wrong and was acting very suspicious about it. there is a chance he isn't lying but in that case he was still in the wrong and should have been at the least apologetic about it. you should keep with your decision

• Continue on with the quest to find the perfect match.
    Obviously he wasn't ^^.
    About being upset well... it will go away eventually you just gotta wait it out for a few days then you can just look back and smile at his pathetic attemps to tell you that you aren't enough for him AND STILL keep you.

Just wait it out. It will go away soon ;).

• It's clear through his words and actions that he doesn't value your feelings. Trust my, your better off for leaving him over this.

• stay with your decision.

• You don't need people who lie forgive him but dump him

What Girls Said 9

• Dump him. He lied and was with someone he shouldn't of been with. She had personal problems? She should of called her other friends or family members. He wanted to be her "hero"? Well then stay over there and she can return the favor when his lying ass gets dumped! (:

• Move the hell on... too emotional and personal problems iam sorry but they are not his concern anymore and if he thought anything of you ge would respect this and not contact her iam sorry but she probably doesn't even know that you were together ge probably lied to her aswell as you and for him to lie in the first place ge doesn't respect you in the slightest

• If they were just friends, he would have invited you to this little get together so that you wouldn't be suspicious. He's lying about "I didn't tell you cause of blah blah" He's trying to make it seem like your decision was crazy, but, honey, you aren't. Stay away from him, he's a jerk.

• I wouldn't say he's a jerk it's just one side of the story

• He claims he was meeting her because she had "personal problems". You don't bring someone the person with problems does not know to discuss personal problems. There were many things he could have done much better if that was really what he was up to, but bringing another person is not one of them.

• I just find it very odd that he actually posted that on FB. You're actually allowing your social network to see such an inconsiderate message, showing no regards to you, especially if he knows you have a FB. Maybe that FB pst was actually for you to see to make the breaking up process quick and simple. Hence we see he said "fine" when you said you want to break up and isn't even fighting to get with you

• Break up and move on.

• Kick him to the curb. He hasn't apologized or tried fighting for you

• Just forget about him and move on! If he really loved you, he wouldn't have cheated on you.

• Take time for yourself. Then, when ready, move on.

• Crying over her would be like crying over the garbage man taking away yesterdays trash.

You have two choices either, give him a second chance, or move on from him and give youself a better chanceRemember though giving someone a second chance would be like giving someone an extra bullet for their gun, cos they missed you the first time.
    Once your trust is gone it can never be repaired. Cos broken trust within a relationship is like a car without gas, you can stay in it as long as you like, but it won't go anywhere