Considering online dating. Should I or should I not?

See, I am a 19 year old girl in college that has a hard time socializing because I have something called Asperger's syndrome, which is a HIGH FUNCTIONING form of autism. I have never been on a date. I've asked a few guys on a date, but I have always been turned down. The last relationship I had was a long distance that lasted for ten months. I don't really know what else do. Should I consider online dating? Please explain your answers.

• Go for it!
  • No. There are other things you can do.

Most Helpful Girl

• What exactly IS online dating?
    Is it something where you never see the person in real life, or is it when you eventually - sooner rather than later- meet up and it becomes a real relationship?

It depends on what you're comfortable with.
    Maybe try it... who knows...

What Guys Said 2

• I found my girlfriend on Pof. I'm really happy I did, she's great, I love her. I was about like you, social anxiety, working, busy with school. A variety of people use dating web sites. Beware that there are creeps! Men and women! I encountered two creeps during my time on those sites.

People can, and WILL try and take advantage of you on dating wesbites (As will people in the real world).

So just take it slow and be careful.

• What is Pof?

• POF = Plenty of Fish (http://www.pof.com)

I agree with Ferretman, try it, but be sure you are careful! Don't let anyone take advantage of you.

You could find your perfect match; my friend found a great partner on POF, and they're very happy together, been dating for almost a year now.

I made one but deleted it after a few days, It just wasn't for me.

• Why not? As a woman you have the advantage in online dating.

What Girls Said 1

• let me ask u something.

dont answer this here, but within yourself.

why do you want to date online? like, why really?
    is it because you want to love again, are you lonely?
    or do you genuinely feel ur ready to settle down? getting into an LDR must be a huge commitment.
    think of ur reasonings, and if you want to love just for the sake of loving, or because you genuinely feel there's no hope in person.