No relationship until sex?

I heard somewhere recently that there can't be a real dating type relationship between a guy and a girl until they have sex. I dont think thats necessarily true. Maybe thats why I've been having troubles with girls lately though. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's completely ridiculous. Sex doesn't make a relationship work, it's simply a physical expression of the emotions that are already present in a healthy relationship. In my opinion, there needs to be a mental and emotional connection before sex ever gets introduced into a relationship.

I cannot possibly have sex with someone I don't love. And I would need to be in a relationship for a while and truly get to know that person on every other level before I can love them and be willing to be physically intimate with them. Relationships do not require sex to work because that's not the most important thing in a relationship. It's merely an added "bonus" when two people already love and respect each other and are ready to physically express their love for one another.

What Girls Said 5

• That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Of course you can have a relationship without sex. SMH, this generation sucks. It really really sucks with the way people always have to think about sex.

• What? No! You can have a relationship without sex at all. I wouldn't have sex with someone I was not in an official relationship with. What defines an official relationship is up to the couple in question, but it's usually not based on the fact that they had sex.

• So people waiting till marriage, get married without ever having dated?

• this is bullshit

• That's bullshit.

What Guys Said 1

• Is this even... ?