I like his personality but not how he looks. He likes me and has asked me out. I kinda 'friendzoned' him. He's my best friend now. Read on, please?

I am fifteen. He was in my grade in the school I moved out of last year. I live in the same area. So I see him around.

We were more of competitors than friends when I was there. We talked and debated about everything from world politics to love to fictional charaters. Yes, you could say we're nerds. But we didn't exchange phone numbers. Heck, we weren't even 'friends' on Facebook.

We stared exchanging very formal emails soon after I left the school, and soon we chatted for hours every day. It was the most fun I'd had in years. He seemed, I don't know, way too involved in "nerd" stuff to be interested in girls and stuff, so I asked if he had really never had a crush. And he said that he did, in fact, have a crush on me.

I kinda laughed it off and we kept talking about our 'friend-less-nesses', about trigonometry, about ourselves and our issues. And, now, after six months of being almost best friends, I realise how much he means to me. The warm feeing I get when we talk keeps me smiling throughout the day. It feels empty not talking to him. But I cannot imagine being in a relationship with him. Can I just be really honest here? He looks weird. He has acnal scars all over his face. And I don't know how I feel. It might just be that I like being friends.

I had a crush on a guy when I was eleven. Things never worked out. I got over him about three months ago. I was hard. I thought I'd go mad. But now I don't have a crush on anyone. Two of my three closest friends are guys. Aweosme. Fun. One of them is the guy I mentioned above. The other is someone I've known for three years now. He's short, witty, fun, cute, awesome and short. I kinda 'like' him. But I don't know either.

Do you think you can help me clear up my thoughts? <3 ^_^

Most Helpful Guy

• I might bounce around here...

Sounds like he's your emotional "anchor." People at any age will get "stuck" on one characteristic... physical or not (for you, it's his face).

You have to ask yourself, would you ever see yourself dating him with all you've said? Because, sounds like this guy is trying to go the emotional route.

What Guys Said 1

• "I am fifteen", no longer care.

What Girls Said 0