Flat broke, living with parents.30. Would you date me?

My story:I'm a 30 year old guy that went big and failed big in the business world. My company failed, I lost every penny to my name, and moved in with my parents short term.
Even had to sell my car (s) and am loaning a truck from my brother.
It was an extremely difficult and emotional time.
Thankfully things are looking up and I have an exciting and lucrative job/partnership offer as an operations manager in a career that I really enjoy.
The question is, would you date a guy that you know is flat broke and living with his parents-if you believed he was going to make a comeback?
That is of course assuming that you are attracted to him and have common interests.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• I was about to tell you to sod off, because a 30-something guy STILL living with his parents with no plans for the future is a massive turn off.

But this is not the case. You HAD plans, you DID shit for yourself, but it didn't work out. You hit the ground, but you stood up and are moving forward again - that is admirable.

My boyfriend was flat broke when I met him and it didn't bother me at all, because he's a very motivated person and doesn't just sit on his arse feeling sorry for himself when things go south. You strike me as the same and good on you.

Shit happens. What's important is that you take control of your situation and are working on getting back up again.

The sexiest part about it is not the potential wealth, but the strong will and determination after such a huge fall. Kudos to you, bro.

• Your situation is different. A guy that's just living with his parents bumming is different from a guy that met a bad situation and trying to fix it. The latter is something non superficial people with deal with. The former something no one wants.

• Thanks, glad to hear!

• Sex with you = yes
    Date you = never.

• Thanks. Despite popular opinion, not all American guys are looking for just sex. Unless we are engaged or married, my anaconda don't want none, Hun.

• I am a serial dater and power tripper, hence my answer.
      Not intended as a negative slant on USA men or any man in general.

• Yes, I would not have cared about that, if I really liked him. I would have thought it was great that you had the courage to start a company. Not every person would be brave enough to do that!

• Yes of course even if he was on the streets doesn't matter what he has love has no boundaries so to speak

• What a bullshit response lmao. dont kid yourself hun

• I'm sorry, but you're full of shit, @pips1
      I dare you to go out and pick up a hobo right now. Go on then.

Seriously, don't talk shit just because you want to come off as a humble person.

• whatever its my opinion

• Yes, because being broke due to business failure means that you initiative and a business mindset.

• With your scenario, I would consider it. I would probably take things slow though.

• I could handle a guy being broke. I've dated men who were broke. A lot of the men I've dated make less money then me. I make good money. I wouldn't be able to date a guy who lived with his parents at 30 though.

What Guys Said 6

• I think you should focus on your getting back on your feet first before you occupy yourself with dating.

• As much as I hate to admit it, you are right. it should not be a primary focus, at this time. at the same time, I won't say no if my dream girl appears, just because my situation is not ideal.

• Well, everybody has failures at some point in their lives. Don't feel too bad about it. If she loves you, then it won't matter and she will trust you that you can make a comeback. If she finds out that you are broke and live with your parents and instantly is no longer interested in you, Im sure you should not be dating her, even if you were very ultra rich. Be patient, the time will come.
    And one another tip: make sure you get the comeback right!!! (no offense)

Good luck, bro.! :)

• dude better give up dating for now... the damage might be double ;-)

• I mean. You were big and went bust in business. Don't you think business and insecurity never go together be it with women or anything?

• I'm sure some women would but the odds will be against you

• I'm in a similar situation. The answer is no, absolutely not. Women can say they would all the want--they absolutely won't give a guy like that a chance. Experience talking.

Interesting survey showed that 75% of women said they wouldn't even consider dating an unemployed man. Versus 65% of men who said they WOULD date an unemployed women. Draw from that what you will.

• Interesting. Good luck to you, my friend.

• Hey don't discount the ones that will. I am much better off financially than my bf who went through a period of unemployment. So we do cheap things and chill at home, occasionally I can convince him to "celebrate" something and I take him out. Sometimes he takes me out for ice cream and it's the most special thing ever. I have no problem with waiting for him to get back on his feet.

• @whattothink
      Some women would--typically the ones already dating the guy who goes unemployed. But trying being single and unemployed and see how much success you can have with women--none. You can get laid, but you won't get a girlfriend, not unless you were already dating before losing your job.

Also, the stats I cited didn't say 100% of women--it said 75%. That leaves a minority of women (but still some women) who would be willing. I'm not saying anything mean or discounting anyone, just citing some actual stats and sharing my experience. I didn't make them up, and I wasn't trying to judge. I'll just leave it to everyone else to decide for themselves why the stats are what they are.