The guy I'm seeing is kinda "boring"?

so I'm seeing this guy , we're not officially together or anything but he asked me to go out with him 3 times now. we text each other sometimes. but the problem is that we don't find much to say when we're out. i try to ask him questions to keep the conversation going but all he does is to answer the question i asked. i don't know what to do. and it feels like when i tell him something he's not interested. but he says he wants to meet again... i don't know what do around him anymore..

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he is just a shy person? Maybe he is asking this question too, what should I do around her. Just give some time. Think like he is just a friend. How you would act? Relax. Have fun and enjoy time together. That is all about it.

What Guys Said 4

• His social skills are abysmal. He likes going out with you because it means he can tell people he has a girlfriend, therefore making him feel as though he is important - this means that to him you are nothing more than a self esteem boost.. essentially a trophy or a badge or a tool. He likes going out with you for the principle but he isn't really making it into a memorable experience is it. He's not interacting properly. It's all very selfish. Funny thing is all that harsh stuff I have just said about him, well he's probably not even aware of it at all. He isn't aware that he's selfish, but he is. What he is getting out of the dates is the ability to truthfully say that he has a girlfriend, but you are not getting anything out of it. Probably all comes down to him being immature primarily. He's not ready yet. Still a flipping kid.

• you're a cynical bastard! hahaha

• Hey asker I'm no expert.. this is just my perception of the thing you understand. I neglected to mention that the guy is probably shy and maybe even socially retarded, that said the things I said still apply. Even if he is shy, that is no excuse to not reciprocate your interest (by showing genuine interest in how things are going for you). He just needs to man up and be brave enough to ask you things about yourself.. which shouldn't even be something that one needs courage to do, should just be a natural part of socialising with another person that you get on well with. Given that he has been on multiple dates with you, he probably thinks he gets on well with you so he should be asking you things about yourself! Like I said, immature.

• my girl friend (she knew him before me) told me that he wasn't the talkative type of person. but now he opened up a bit. but not so much apparently lol. and yes i agree, it doesn't need courage for someone to ask the other person things about herself.. and i'm actually the kind of girl who doesn't take the initiative the whole time , i actually expect the guy to do it.. lol

• Sometimes you don't click with people and the conversation doesn't flow. Perhaps he'll get comfortable and open up in time but it doesn't sound like he's making the effort. Most girls would get fed up and move on, so you shouldn't feel bad if you do. He's got to learn to be more engaging! lol

• Ok... so.. he feels that not much comfortable around you to ask question so... just try to make him comfortable with you.. by your discription he seems a shy guy.

• i try my best to make him feel comfortable but apparently i haven't succeeded lol any suggestions?

• After telliing about yourself ask him what about you?

• okey thanks a lot for your help ^^

• Find someone new, but don't tell him he's boring it will kill his confidence. He maybe nervous with you.

What Girls Said 2

• Be honest with him.
    Stop accepting his invites out, that will lead him to believe u r interested.
    When he asks you out , tell him he's a great guy
    but u two just don't click.

• the thing is i actually like him but when we're out , although we talk , awkward silence occurs a lot.. he's nice and honest but when it comes to talking he's not the best at keeping the conversation going

• Maybe go on an activity themed date so it'll be more likely for him to find something to talk to you about.