How long should I make him wait?

We've just started to rekindle our friendship and we're leaning towards taking things to the next level when the time is right. How long should I make him wait for sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait until you want to have sex with him, not a minute more, not a minute less. There's lots of guff some people come out with about how you have to make a man wait or he won't respect you, but I think a man who decides whether or not he respects a woman based on how long she waits before having sex rather than what she is like as a human being is not worthy of respect himself.

Take me and my wife, we had sex less than 3 hours in to our first date. Now its 5 years later and we have a marraige, home and child together and I've always utterly respected her because I think she's a wonderful person. If anything that first night made me respect her more because it showed me she was honest with her feelings and didn't play games.

Obviously don't go into anything a minute sooner than when you are absolutely ready, but when that time comes, go for it, don't keep holding on denying yourself something you want just to observe some artificial 'dating rules'.

What Guys Said 2

• Until you are ready.

• 4 years, 5 months and 14 days would be sufficient.

What Girls Said 0