Do you guys and girls workout with your partner or spouse?

Do you workout with your boyfriend, girlfriend, partner or spouse? I just came back from jogging with my boyfriend and he admitted that it was a turn on for him to see me running and keeping up a consistent pace. He went on to say that most women he's dated could never do anything like that and was not as into health and fitness like I am. I thought it was pretty hot seeing him run and run for as long as he did (he thought I'd get tired before he did). We both hung in there until we reached our target time goal. It made my attraction towards him a lot stronger. It seems exercising together is great way to bond and heighten the attraction you two share for each other.

I'm quite surprised to see that not many people exercise with their significant other...

I thought a lot more people were more active than that. But it's still interesting to see others take on that. Thanks for the replies!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. We called it sex.

What Guys Said 5

• Nothing wrong with that as long as it fits in my schedule. Also men and women could have different work outs, women mostly like to run or other cardio, men usually like weights... so unless she's willing to spot me on the bench or something, she shouldn't get her hopes up that I'm going to put on my jogging pants and shoes. and remember this is IF it fits into my schedule. Also, some days, i just don't wana :)

• You're looking at it too much as a "If I do THIS with you then you gotta do THAT with me". My boyfriend and I participate in each others activities despite if it doesn't fit in our schedule of not. We MAKE the time for it. That's what a relationship is all about. We do these things not because we expect something in return but because we love each other and want to participate in the things that make each other happy. I don't like football but my boyfriend is football fanatic. I watch his games with him sometimes and even follow the scores for his favorite teams. Why? Because I know how important it is to him.

• routine is if you constantly plan the SAME thing darling. and if only one person does the planning.
      you guys have something going on here though... no wonder you guys have this thingy going on. you have space throughout the week!!. pfft... you are doing the same frickin thing i said except you are Forced to be that way lol

• Not sure where you're going with this but even if I didn't work a lot I'd still give him space. I'm a very independent person. I've never been the clingy type. I like to be involved in different activities just like he does.

• I don't have time to plan my daily essentials around other people.

• I don't go to gyms or whatever, but it would be fun to go on walks/bike rides/hiking together.

• Hey just so long as you get out there and do something with each other that's all that counts. I'd like to go hiking someday. I've never been hiking before.

• im single, but when i work out with a girl like running, its fun and hot, stenght exercises they hinder me

• LOL. I think if you both go in with the mindset to grow in strength and fitness it won't seem as if you're lame or weak for going for the smaller weights vs the bigger weights. The fact that you're going with the goal to get stronger would mean a lot to md. I'd care less if you went for the 10 or 20lb instead of a 100lb weight. I know that you're doing it because you know your limits and you're striving to go beyond that. I think that's how most women would see it whose genuinely interested in a guy.

• I've never done that but I would certainly like to if I ever had a girlfriend

What Girls Said 4

• Nah... I'd prefer not working out with my partner. I like being by myself when I workout. It's kinda like my "me" time and the kind of workouts I do aren't really the same as I'd imagine my boyfriend would like doing. I do mostly yoga/pilates type of exercises. I hate jogging or running as I have back problems and it is very painful after a certain amount of time so I'd give that a definite skip too.

• I see. Well I like to run and do weight training. I can understand though if physically it could be a hassle to perform certain exercises. It's just this was my first time exercising with a boyfriend period and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are plenty of other activities that couples can do together outside of exercising.

• Any guy that I'm dating being willing to exercise or do some sort of sport together is almost a must. I'm definitely not someone to want our lives to revolve around each other, but those otherwise lazy weekend afternoons have to be broken up by something other than sex and pancakes. I'm not seeing anyone right now though so it's any combination of solo or with friends.

• EXACTLY!! That's how I see it. Don't get me wrong I LOVE being lazy some days but everyday we're together? No. I need to get out and do something to jolt me awake. I don't have friends to work out with. All of my friends aren't into that kind of thjng. So when I asked him to go jogging with me and he happily obliged it really made my day.

• I don't have a partner (*cries* lol kidding), but if I did, I would definitely workout with him, or at least go for jogs. It is much more fun to workout with someone.

• Yeah it is! It also helps you to push your self as well. I ran a lot farther with my boyfriend than by myself. I was so proud of how much distance we ran. Especially for him considering how long it had been since he ran like that.

• No, I go with my brother :D