Why doesn't anyone want to date me? Am I intimidating?

I'm 17 and a high school senior, never dated anyone or even been on a date, and I still haven't had my first kiss. I'm not a prude. Im quiet in class because I'm at school to learn but I'm confident and giggle. I like to have fun. I'm not a party girl, not into smoking and drinking but I'd do it once or twice if the situation arose ( I haven't ever smoke or drank). I've got a good sense of humor, can laugh at myself, I'm kind, and everyone tells me I'm beautiful. I'm not arrogant and I'm basically a good girl.
Are guys intimidated by me? How can I get closer to my crush?

Most Helpful Guy

• guys can be initimdate by beauty, it can be overwhelming to be honest. so if you talk to your crush he might see you as being more approachable, hence he might even like you more. like foe example i have had a crush on a girl for 2 years now but she never spoke to anyone in my class last year but this year she started to speak to me and slowly i have gotten to know her in the last month. when i talk to her i can't look at her as it is overwhelming, her beauty can be initimidating, not her fault at all like but as time is going by i am getting more comfortable around her. so maybe your crush is the same, talk with them, it can be about anything. ask a question relating to a subject you do in class or something, thats how me and the girl i like started talking. you seem really nice so dont change yourself for others. after all you want someone to love you for you not for being someone that you are not. so talk to your crush. its hard but dont think about it just do it. if you give yourself time to think about it you will talk yourself out of it.

• Also really good points. This guy can only hold eye contact with me for a few seconds while we're talking before looking down at his hands and then looking back up, lather rinse repeat basically. He usually makes excuses about anything to talk to me. Thank you for your advice! :) xx

• oh well it sounds like he likes you. giving eye contact to a crush can be hard. i bet her likes you. i hope it works out for you (i think it will), your welcome and goodluck :) xx

What Guys Said 4

• You should never do something to fit in. That's exactly how a lot of people began to fuck their life up. It could be a number of things. For instance, I have a cousin that's smart, funny, beautiful, and all that, but she's never been kissed or, as far as I know, even had a boyfriend. Why? Well, she thinks it's because she isn't pretty enough and all this other stuff, but it's not. It's because (I'm not sure how to put it so I'll just say) it's easy for her to come across badly to people who don't really know her (arrogant, cold, a bit of bitch, even though she isn't). I'm not saying that this is your problem, but it could have something to do with your personality or how you come across to other people. There is more to attracting a person than just being beautiful.

• I like the points you brought up. Along the lines of being perceived as cold, if you're quiet do guys occasionally take it as though you are stuck up or bitchy?

• They could, but, more than likely, they'll think that you're not interested in them, and that probably is your problem. No matter how attracted a guy is to a girl and no matter how much confidence a guy has, generally (unless he's absolutely smitten from the start, which rarely happens), he won't ask out a girl that hasn't shown any interest in him. In other words, you have to indicate to a guy that you like him. It's, more or less, a psychological fact that people like (or start to like) those who like, or just appear to like, them.

• Oh, and the converse of that is true too--that people start to dislike those who appear to dislike them, so even if a guy is initial attracted to you, after a while of you not indicating your interest, his interest will start to diminish.

• Start talking to him

• You know, this is so short and simple but probably the best advice.

• No, Absolutely Not. You go straight to your crush and tell him that you wants to be a friend with him. If he says Yes. After two to four weeks tell him about your intentions about him. He might get attracted to you.

If he says no cry a lot in front of him and tell him that you really love him and say that you will die if he does not says yes. Make him drown in your Emotional Words. Make his eyes wet too.

And Yes dress really well. I mean wear sexy dress like showing off your skin. I think you might have understood it well what I really wants to say. Dress like a Supermodel. Show some skin. So that he might get sexually attracted to you. Wear good Perfume & Dress really well.

• You sound like a great girl. My type too 😄. Go to your crush and talk to him. Flirt and give eye contact. See what he does, get to know him and maybe give him a hug and see what happens. Good Luck

• Thank you, you are very kind. :)

• Yep, I know how you feel. I am the exact same age as you and I am a senior as well. The sooner you talk the better, and even he could be your prom date. Good Luck

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about it. Just wait until college. I was in the same boat as you when I was a senior. In fact, I still haven't had my first kiss but college guys are more open to dating than high school guys.

• If you're beautiful funny and friendly, then what's stopping you from talking to him. Stol wasting time and go ahead.