What can I say or do to cheer my bf up?

So my boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. We love eachother a lot. The past couple days my boyfriend has been really sad because his grandpa is sick and in the hospital. I hate seeing him sad. Is there anything I can say or do to make him feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, unless you can ressurect the dead. Best thing to do is not intrude too much and act as a crutch for him. Though, just know, if he starts acting differently, its probably a sign that he's Changing from the substantial event in his life. Which means it may take a toll on your relationship.

FYI.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Watch a comedy with him. A feel-good movie of some sort. Something like 21 Jump Street or Legally Blonde or maybe even an internet spoof like A Very Potter Musical.

But sometimes people don't like to be cheered up when they feel like they should be sad, so the best thing to do is listen and be supportive of him.

• Just be there for him and make sure he knows that he can talk to you about anything, or not talk if that what he needs right now. There's not much else you can do than to support him through this. I hope his grandpa will feel better soon!