I feel very disappointed?

I haven't been in an exclusive relationship for 4 years. I miss it more than anything.. I am so tired of trying. I tried online dating and it didn't work, I even got enough courage to give this guy I worked with (an older man, divorced with kids-so I thought he'd be flattered that a younger woman offered to take him out for a drink since he was stressed) my number. He never called. I feel like I am never going to meet someone, I don't work with a lot of young guys ( I work in elementary schools), my friends don't have single friends and I don't go out to bars. So I am doomed to be alone I guess..

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, sounds like it. So now that you're doomed I know a guy who knows a guy. He's a bit rough around the edges but he's okay.

What Guys Said 5

• I've started writing/communicating with an inmate. I chose one that was close, one that would be getting out soon. She will be getting out 9/16 so I figure two years is a good amount of time to get to know her. Yes I have called her warden to verify she was telling me the truth of her crime and to see if she's been a disciplinary problem and to see if she fit the profile of a repeat offender. My girl passed all of the above.

• Persistence, especially when it comes to online dating is key. Don't give up because there are guys such as me in your situation too!

• You need more hobbies. You can't expect your Mr Perfect to just one day present himself if you don't actually make your presence known. It is easier than ever to meet people with the same interests - meetup. com for example. Start a class (find a free salsa class, there's always heaps of people and I'm from a small city) or take a course in something that interests you. It's a numbers game, and you're not alone

• Think that's bad? Try being a truck driver. Nobody even knows you exist, and that's in your own town. You've got it good. At least you see the opposite sex.

• You interested?

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing more off putting than desperation... And you sound like you are clutching at anyone right now.
    Relax, stop looking so hard and sure enough when you least expect it you will meet someone.
    Maybe you could break with routine and go to places you don't normally go, maybe join some groups or classes your interested in and while your enjoying those maybe you might just meet some nice guys.

• I always feel the same way a lot. I am really starting to think its all about not looking.