Being more blunt when setting a 1st date?

People are so unreliable when it comes to dating. When I meet a guy I'm interested in, I sometimes ask them out. What I have gotten is tentative times and dates that are very easy to bail on (which 2 guys agreed to dates and then bailed, one of them did this twice). I want to be a lot more blunt when setting a date. How can I go about this? I plan on saying I am working on ___ till ____ and am available___ (time/day). I will always want firm plans from now on, as I don't have tons of free time and during that time I can hang out w/friends or get things done. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• If people are bailing on you, they weren't interested in the first place. I personally really appreciate setting firm times and dates, but first of all I check their availability (and mine). So, when you first ask them, you can get a general idea. If they use the "check my diary" excuse, I know they're not interested. If they say "I'll get back to you" and they DO then I can work out the finer details. Getting finer details won't stop unreliable people bailing, but it will weed out those who aren't actually interested.

What Guys Said 1

• i like your style.

What Girls Said 1

• If you ask someone out then set a date and time and if they agree then bail, then forget it and move on. You are right to vocalize your needs and do what is right for you.