What type of people are you usually attracted to for friends vs romantic interests?

For example, I tend to like people who are artistic, nerdy, funny, and shy like me. But for romantic partners I'm more attracted to outgoing people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its hard to describe but basically girls that are quite like me to. A girl who cares a lot about her friends, able to love unconditionally who i have a very close bond with. Prefferably we have the same intrests but if it just clicks really well that would be good enough.

I think a lot of really sweet girls fit the description quite nicely especially on this site.

What Guys Said 4

• Friends... people who're fun to be around. Short and simple. If you're fun to be around, then I want to hang around you. I don't want to hang around weird people.

For a partner, it becomes a bit more complicated.

This would be my kind of woman:

I like confident and independent women who are not full of themselves. They don't necessarily need a man in their lives, but want one because they're not ultra feminists who believe that men are meaningless, unnecessary, or just obsessed with sports. Basically a girl with good perspective on life.

I will say that I usually am more attracted to white girls. I don't have any "perfect" body type that I prefer; just as long as everything's (relatively) proportional. Her height and weight create a normal BMI score and everything fits her body. Having a beautiful face is most attractive. That being smooth skin, deep eyes, great smile, good teeth, beautiful hair, etc.

Someone who has good financial sense and knows how to keep what they earn is very important. I don't care what her profession is though. If she's mature and carries herself with confidence and poise, I don't care about things like career choice or education level. Having a true perspective on life, certain level of self-awareness, and high character and courage are what's most important. Don't care what her sexual history is. Could have been with 100+ men or a virgin, as long as she's been smart about STD prevention and is loyal to me. Probably someone within my age range... which currently is 21 +/- 4 years; that's not a hard rule though.

• The only things the people I gravitate to all have in common is they are down to earth and have a good sense of humor. Everything else is up for grabs

• I tend to like depressed, angry, or lonely people.

• For me brains are more important than other things.. I like girls who challenge me at the intellectual levels! If it's just a physical thing, then it'd be a different case i guess!!

What Girls Said 4

• anyone who isn't mainstream could be my friend or boyfriend.
    someone different, who stands out.

with girls, it's easy. my friends are all not the kind who obsess over their appearance, are crazy, not always on their phones, dont gossip much, respect themselves etc.. in this society, that's different.

with men, my friends are usually just the ones who are down to earth, funny and kind. if he's to be my man, he'd be an extension of that, standing out in his own ways. also VERY difficult to find.

• For friends, I just think good friends are ones who'll be willing to listen to you talk about private, personal stuff and not criticize or judge you. They also share their private, personal stuff in return and you guys and talk about literally anything with each other, no matter how embarrassing or bizarre.

For relationships, the same thing applies but with an added necessity of caring, thoughtfulness, and manners. I'm not going to sugar-coat it, I have some pretty selfish friends who I consider like lovable but spoiled, close siblings. I can't deal with that in a romantic relationship. Sharing is caring.

• I'm usually attracted to lesbians. My friends are usually lesbians. Such is the way with lesbians.

• Friends I like people who like deep conversations like me, have some form of intelligence, and are passionate for music. I usually find myself romantically attracted to guys with the same qualities, except guys who are more outgoing and have a ton of friends.