Is my friend interested in me?

I have a guy friend who I've known for 5 years. We became close friends in school. We usually hang out in groups both guys and girls. We talk about EVERYTHING. They always try to get me to date and I tell them I got asked out on tinder and then everyone else was like "yes you should definitely go"and he says "I think it's a really bad idea. You're not going" I said to him that I'll do it in public but he got really angry and said he wasn't going to let me go. We were all very shocked by his reaction. He knows about my bad experiences in past but so do my other friends and they thought it was a good idea as long as I do it safely. Also few weeks back he took me home from a bar because I was quite wasted he took me to the bed and leaned in like he was going to kiss me but then backed away tucked me in and left home. I don't know. Is he just being a protective friend?

What Guys Said 1

• That's a good question. I think the best thing you can do is talk to him one on one, and just ask him to tell you honestly why it is that he doesn't want you to go out.
    Do you like him though?

What Girls Said 0