Am I wrong for reacting to my girlfriends number?

She said it like she was trying to sound cool and I thought she was trying to get a reaction out of me. See her once a month. She told me "yeah I'm probabaly a bigger slut than you and I never thought about cheating so I know if I'm good you are" "me and my friend were counting the other day and I'm in the 30s.." said she was hooking up with four other guys and dropped them for me. Said I need s ok me space right now.

I said that's disgusting and even called her a slut. I apologized in person and just told her I got pissed because she was trying to get a reaction out of me. Said I trust her though. Do I look al km insecure now?

I mean she's tried to make me jealous before in the past. I know I was wrong on how I reacted but I did apologize sincerely.

She is 18 by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a lot of people to sleep with period. I mean the fact she was hooking up with 4 guys before you is a complete deal breaker for me honestly. It's her life and she can do what she wants. You shouldn't judge her for that but you have a right to decide if that is something you can deal with. If you can't you still need to be respectful to her because told you the truth when she could have easily lied to you. You are not right for calling her a slut whatsoever.

• I understand that. I always figured she would act more promescious than what she actually was because Im older. I don know now.

• I think that she is giving you space so you can clearly make a decision. You honestly need the space from her because this is a decision that you need to make for you and only you without any outside influence. Your feelings are either way stronger than the number of people she has slept with or they are not that strong. If they are the latter then I highly doubt it will work between the two of you. It will always be something you keep in the back of your mind and will keep you from fully giving yourself to her which isn't fair to her.

• Thank you for MHO!!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not a fan of calling people slut, but that's a pretty substantial number at MY age, let alone hers. She seems to embrace being sexual, and that's cool and all, but the traditional side of me finds that to be a really unbecoming attitude, for a guy or a girl, to be rubbing your nose in it as if she's lowering herself to sleep with just you and not others. A little effed up if you ask me.

• So I mean my reaction was reasonable right? Did it make me look In secure? We have plans to move in together soon. J Had Just Told This Girl I Love Her before this.

• She is not chalking it up as me being insecure if anything she sees me as extremely confident and this was the first time she's seen any weaker points of me. I was just asking if other people would see my reaction of insecure.

• Cool, cool. Bottom line, you had a justifiable reaction to some pretty shocking details. I think you can probably get past it, in time, if you want to. But it will definitely take both of you working at that.

• She's a slut that you should dump I have a feeling she wasn't kidding especially at her age and a female a lot of sexual activity happens so I'd dump her I'm just saying even if she was trying to make you jealous I wouldn't date her anymore

• I mean I did the same when j was younger maybe not that extent but that's a pretty high number right? U think that makes. me. look insecure for reacting the way n did?

• It didn't make you look insecure it made you wonder your reaction was very reasonable and not insecure at all

What Guys Said 4

• You could have used a better choice of words.

• She is with u shouldn't that be all that matters not the past

• I realize this but dk you think I looked jealous or weak possibly insecure the way I handled that? I've always played it cool but this got me.

• Yea u could of handled it better but just put it behind u and make the most of being with her

• She doesn't sound like relationship material by trying to make you jealous

• I don't know if she was trying to make me jealous or just being open for sure.

• Ah, example number 1687963697419873196 of why the "norm" of people thinking they need to know this stuff is not the norm, just common (stupid) practice.