I like him but everyone says he's 'weird'?

So 2 weeks ago this guy came up to me and asked me for my number and i gave it to him. He's 2 years older than me and has only been living here for 4 months, he recently moved here from Australia. He really likes me and I think I like him, he's sweet and funny, and it's so easy to talk to each other. We talk all the time but today a girl in my class was talking to her friend and they mentioned his name and said that he's really weird. I don't know what they mean by that, it's been bothering me so much, I really like this guy but I don't know what they meant by that. Should I be cautious? Or just forget about what other people say? What would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your judgment of how you feel about him, not theirs. If you like him, that's what should matter. You two seem to get along well together so I wouldn't be concerned, only if you feel you need to be. As for those girls, they can piss off.

What Guys Said 6

• fuck what other people think. other people will never dictate who I end up with or who I like. do what you wanna do man.

• Best thing i've read all day

• Weird is much better than homicidal, you should ask them what they mean by weird. He might just not be a talkative person or something so others don't perceive him positively, it happens. But who knows, I don't know him.

• 0|1
    • Weird = not fitting in the perceptions of mass culture = unique = different experience than sitcom reality.

But you should tread carefully. Weird can also equal not fun.

• ROFL! That's quality!

• My ex dated me and I was weird, we last two years.
    peoples' opinions shouldn't matter when its your life. go for it! its your wings, you leap off whichever cliff you want too !

• Everyone is a little weird! You just gotta find someone your kind of weird

• it's not about if the guy is weird or not, it's about if you care what others say. I love this girl and she's got a "different" way of being. I heard this guy make fun of her (she was somewhere further than we were), but i was looking at her and realized i don't give a fuck about that. I love her and i don't care.
    Then again people are nasty and mean. Girl noticed i like someone else. Besides the fact that she befriended my crush, that jealous skank, started to bad mouth me and nothing i was doing was good enough.
    She made my crush sleep with some other dude. Guess what next? No? The jeaulous bitch that was always trying to put me down, started to show interest and tell people that she likes me.
    If you like him and feel comfortable around him, that is all that matters.

• oh, the girl i love now (in the first part of the message) is a different person than the one that slept with some other guy. Two different stories :D

What Girls Said 0