I'm 23 year old dating and 18 year old girl... thought the age difference was fine, but it's starting to pop up... what do you think of the gap?

I'm 23 dating a girl who is 18... didn't know that when we met. Lately, I am starting to notice the age gap, and I am used to dating older women around 28-30. It feels like we are at different places - I'm very motivated on developing a career, like time alone perfecting my craft, like interacting on a mature and more deep level. She likes getting drunk, acting stupid with her friends, watch Netflix, doesn't know what she wants to do, etc. She will also give me this "teeny bopper attitude" that gets annoying, and say things that embarrass me like "oh so we're shaking hands like adults" when I introduce her to people my age. Makes me feel like I'm dating a kid...

She's a cool girl, the sex is great, we get along but not sure about it...

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you are dating a kid. It's not the age gap that is the issue it's just her maturity period. Seems like she has none. I'm 16(emancipated so yes it's legal) and with a 20 year old. We have a place together and honestly it seems like I'm at a more mature level than he is. I wear the pants in the relationship when it comes to responsibilities, and that's fine different people mature at different levels. But if she's acting the stereotypical "18 year old high school girl" which is what you just described, dump her. Clearly she isn't mature enough to be with you, and it'd make you look like a fool to be with her.

What Girls Said 3

• I think age is just a number.

That being said, the actual age doesn't matter if both people are equally mature. You could date a 23 year old girl who is also immature. So I don't think the actual age is what matters, it's the personality. But it honestly sounds like your girlfriend is really immature. You guys are in completely different phases of your life.

It's not going to work out in the long run. It sounds like she's not being serious, she wants to have fun.

• I mean that's not that bit of age gap. But if you don't feel like you guys are on the same level then maybe she's not the one. It seems like you're at 2 different stages in your lives. And it really doesn't depend on age because I know 34yr olds that act like teenagers. She's just immature.

• Sounds more like a immaturity thing.
    I was more of an adult than any of the other kids in my high school.
    No wonder I hated that hell hole.
    I think it is different for everyone.

What Guys Said 2

• I had a gf once like this it was ashame like she was sound when it was just me and her but when I was with my mates she couldn't handle the maturity and I felt in such a weird place cause I felt like I was dating 2 different people but it was one person :s if that makes sense

• its all good at least you have a gf