Dad won't let me date?

So I'm 15 and my moms ok with me dating. I've been friends with a guy for over a year and we turned into best friends this summer and now were dating as of last week. I really like him but I don't know how I'm gonna hang out with him, we always used to because my parents believed we were just friends. But now they're suspicious and I can't tell them because my dad is 99% against me dating but he'll hardly budge. He won't even let us hang out as "friends" anymore alone. How do I convince my dad or get my way around this? I don't know if I should tell my mom yet either becasue I don't wanna make her keep secrets from my dad

In what century do you guys live in where 15 is too young to date and wtf does any if this have to do with rape

Most Helpful Guy

• am i the only one that is wondering what 15 is doing in (18-24) range?

What Guys Said 5

• Does your dad say WHY he doesn't want u to date?

Have u ever thought about sitting down with him and talking to him about this, to pick his brain and understand what his apprehension is?

• 15 is a bit young. If you live under your parents' roof you follow their rules assuming their rules are lawful.

• That's just plain bullshit. If you can't date someone you really like, that's just stupid. He should allow you to go.

• Yeah cuz 1 or 2 in 10 girls get raped and he doesn't want it to be his 15yo daughter. But its worth the risk in my opinion lol

• Tell your mom she'll probably talk about it with you're dad and then he'll be okay with it :) that's how it went with my last girl :)

What Girls Said 3

• Being under 18 you have to abide my your parents rules and I do kinda think 15 is young to be dating

• that sound lame u should be alowed to date at any age

• That's cause your dad is looking out for you. He knows how boys are at that age. What's your reason for wanting to date so soon

• Curiosity, I suppose. They are learning experiences, after all.

• Yeah but why rush. It's nothing special I learned my lesson and ended up hurt.