Dad won't let me date?

So I'm 15 and my moms ok with me dating. I've been friends with a guy for over a year and we turned into best friends this summer and now were dating as of last week. I really like him but I don't know how I'm gonna hang out with him, we always used to because my parents believed we were just friends. But now they're suspicious and I can't tell them because my dad is 99% against me dating but he'll hardly budge. He won't even let us hang out as "friends" anymore alone. How do I convince my dad or get my way around this? I don't know if I should tell my mom yet either becasue I don't wanna make her keep secrets from my dad

Updates:
In what century do you guys live in where 15 is too young to date and wtf does any if this have to do with rape

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Guy

• am i the only one that is wondering what 15 is doing in (18-24) range?

2|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Does your dad say WHY he doesn't want u to date?

Have u ever thought about sitting down with him and talking to him about this, to pick his brain and understand what his apprehension is?

0|0
    0|0
  • 15 is a bit young. If you live under your parents' roof you follow their rules assuming their rules are lawful.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's just plain bullshit. If you can't date someone you really like, that's just stupid. He should allow you to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah cuz 1 or 2 in 10 girls get raped and he doesn't want it to be his 15yo daughter. But its worth the risk in my opinion lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell your mom she'll probably talk about it with you're dad and then he'll be okay with it :) that's how it went with my last girl :)

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Being under 18 you have to abide my your parents rules and I do kinda think 15 is young to be dating

0|0
    0|0
  • that sound lame u should be alowed to date at any age

0|0
    0|0
  • That's cause your dad is looking out for you. He knows how boys are at that age. What's your reason for wanting to date so soon

1|0
    0|0
    • Curiosity, I suppose. They are learning experiences, after all.

• Yeah but why rush. It's nothing special I learned my lesson and ended up hurt.