If a crush lasts 3 years is it lust or love?

Just curious... but say you guys don't really talk

• LUST
  • LOVE

Most Helpful Girl

• I once had a crush on a guy for two years and I was convinced I was in love... I barely knew him at all... I mean I knew basic stuff about him because we were in the same class but I knew know depth. After I got over him and was back to my senses I can look back and say that is definitely not love. Love is when you know a persons weaknesses but chose to see them only for their strengths. When you know a person inside out on a deep personal level and you don't judge them for their mistakes. When you actually in a serious manner want to spend the rest of your life with them. Love is something that is truly hard to explain in all its greatness. Sorry to be mushy but this is what I truly think.

• Disagree with the strengths over weaknesses part. That happens all the time with common romanticism.

Idealization doesn't mean love, but it happens with love too.

• Haha oh god. We did know each other it's a little complicated we were friends for a bit and then stopped talking.

• Well only you can know for sure if it is love or lust. :) Best of luck.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think it's either one, really.

In order for it to be "love" I think it needs to be a two-way street, but it can definitely be more than just pure lust.

• If its only crush then it's obsession or infatuation. but yeah, you can know from the way you look at him. Do you wanna do him or date/be with him?

• Lust is when you just like him for his body. Are there personality traits you're attracted too?

• He's definitely the most attractive guy I've ever seen. He looks exactly like my "dream boy" that i've always had made up in my head since I was younger. As for personality he was really nice and caring but I got player vibes from him if that makes sense cause all the girls want him and he talks to so many girls.

• Love is when you are sure you want to be with your partner.

• It's an obsession is what it is

• When I thin of obsession I think of hiding behind his window and watching him sleep kinda creepy stuff haha I am definitely not like that. What do you define obsession as?

• No, that would be stalking lol. by obsession i mean nearly EVERY day you think about him and you just refuse to let go even if you may have met other guys that are just as good, maybe even better for you. and the length of time also kinda plays into it. i mean 3 years over one guy? What if you get with him and he turns out to be not worth it, all this time you spent pining over him?
      Don't mean to put a downer on this, but i just really think you oughtta think about maybe moving on from him.

• Ugh okay yeah it is obsession. I DO think about him everyday and meet plenty of guys but I compare them to him... I've tried so hard to move on and have dated so many other guys I don't know why my brain is so fixated on this guy.

What Girls Said 4

• more like infatuation
    you can only love a person after you know him personally and well

• I used to know him... but we stopped talking long ago.

• I know I don't even know how I am still liking him after so long lol.

• u need to do something
      i won't have that patience to wait so long
      my longest crush is like a year

• limerence.
    ...

• It doesn't really matter the longevity of how much you care for someone. People can date for years and never actually be in love. Same as people can date for a month and be in love.

• I'd say more infatuation than anything...