What does he really mean?

Things have been going along really well until last week where we had a huge argument. We talked about it after arguing again and it was more or less him who very reluctantly told me where he stands. He asked that I stopped dwelling and over analysing things to which I said "ok" and he said he wanted to slow down.

Now, as we're not even together, I'm unsure whether or not that means that we're just friends now..

He managed to say he loved me on the night after saying this, but afterwards we've just been talking as friends, like barely.

As it's long distance, we can only chat and Skype and he made it clear that "chatting" was exactly just that, "chatting" - insignificant and not carrying much weight.

Should I distance myself and just take this as him saying that we're now just friends? I cut away my affectionate side but do I really have to give it up completely?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he likes you. He even used the l-word, and it wasn't lesbians. Chatting is just that. Chatting. Nigerian princes chat all the time. It's fake. It's not real. It has no weight and is insignificant.

You want everything, but it seems like you're a long distance relationship. For me, if I'm not holding someone in my arms, they aren't real.

I get the feeling this person likes you, but distance takes its toll, and it's frustrating.

Distance relationships never work. Because they aren't real. It's just someone somewhere, until you meet someone where you are.

I don't know the details. But if this distance thing keeps being that way, expect the relationship to eventually end.

• We were supposed to meet in February but I don't know if that's going to happen now. We've seen each other 3 times and in the past we used to talk about moving in together. I get a year abroad through my studies but yeah..

It's been a year since we last saw each other... So.. I'm just confused

• If it's been a year, it's hard on both of you I'm sure.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think he should be punished for slowing down. If he works at a different pace, you should respect that. Plus, that long distance, he can't help that

What Girls Said 1

• Have a talk about defining the relationship and decide what you want from eachother. If you are honestly happy with the answer the continue talking to him, if you aren't then end contact and allow yourself to move on.