Should I expect a text everyday after I just started dating?

So I just started taking to this guy about 3 weeks ago. We already had our first date and everything went great. Shortly after our date was over he text me saying how he had a great time and really enjoyed my company. The next day I got a good morning text that without doubt made me smile. My concern came in during the next few days in where he went missing. He ddnt text me and I was going crazy. I am really old school and I strongly feel a guy if he is truly Intrested in me should text me first. But idk? Should I be concerned? Is he loosing Intrest? Or should I take the initiative to text him first? I don't know if this factor plays in but he is nine years older than me. Am I over reacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being "old school" is not an excuse to demand more from others than you yourself give. He could be thinking the exact thing about you. That "if she cares about me then she will text me first" and then what?

For your own sake. Stop creating these limiting rules about how things must be a certain way.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the guy but a rule of thumb is that communication is a two way street. I usus6syol talking to most girls who don't put in equal effort to communicate. Sure you don't want to come off as eager but at the same time there is a difference between sending one or two initiating texts than sending a butt load on the hour. If I'm the only one making an effort I write it off as her not being interested and I drop it and move to the next girl.

• That makes perfect sense! Those thoughts have definitely been going through my mind! Feels good to be reassured! I want to put in the effort but not coming out as an "easy" or "needy" girl

• Just play the two text rule. Never send more than two and make sure they are hours apart. My girlfriend did that before we started dating. Even though I couldn't text back because I was at work it made me happy knowing that she was thinking about me or text back when I got the chance.

• Texting is not the determining factor in dating, is it? I wouldn't know i don't have a phone.

What Girls Said 1

• If you want him to text everyday then tell him. He will be obliging or he won't But don't sit around and do nothing, just getting worked-up over it.

• Yes it kind of seems like I've been getting worked up. I just really do like him and I want it to work out!

• If talking everyday is a need for you then you need to tell him that. He will be happy to accomadate that or he won't.