Date a girl that I dont really like?

Its not that i dont like her , but she's just not that girl that makes my heart pop at first sight. I recently broke up and i usualy like to have a girl by myside so i met this girl and she knows that im looking for someone and she is actually willing to date me eventhou she kniws i wasn't attracted to her the first time we met. She is a very funny person and she's pretty ( just not my type of pretty) i could see being in a good relationship but i can't see it lasting more than a year or a bit less.. What should i do?

I think comments misunderstood that im trying to lie to her which im not at all, i mentioned that she knows that i wasn't all crazy about her but she's okay with it i wouldn't lie to her and mislead her, i see that there may be a possibility of us staying together but its not like when u have a crush on someone and all u want is to be with them.. My question was is it worth it? I also dont wanna use the girl for sex ( probably won't be even having sex with her at all if we dnt get serious)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but be directly honest with her. You says she knows that you weren't attracted at first. Tell her it's the same way now. That she's convenient, that she's funny, and pretty, but just not your type of pretty.

Be very open and not at all misleading, and enjoy. A lot of women will understand, they may not even see a future with you, but just want to enjoy some time together. Be honest, and you will never have a bad conscience.

What Girls Said 2

• No, absolutely not. She deserves better than that and you're too insecure to be on your own and deal with your break-up. But if you both understand that it isn't a long-term thing and that you don't find her attractive (if she doesn't care that's her choice) then there's no reason why both of you can't enter into a relationship, that's your choice as adults. Don't mislead her though, that's low.

• the reason i came here and wrote this qirstion is because i dont want to mislead or hurt anyone because i know how it feels..

• If she has feelings for you then don't date her, be honest and let her move on.

• don't date just to have someone on your arm. That is selfish and not fair to the girl. Especially if you are putting a year cap on the relationship. Don't do it! Karma is a bitch!

What Guys Said 5

• If you're sure there's no future, then don't. Do it for the girl. You don't want her to get strong feelings for you when you feel nothing for her. It may mean nothing to you, but it can really hurt her.
    If you think there may be something, then you can go on a date, and after the first day evaluate how you feel towards her. If you still think nothing will come out from that, then don't date her anymore.
    Just try not to play with her feelings, be a man.

• Bro if you just tryna have sex with her u might as well. If you are looking for a real relationship or you are too nice of a guy to use a girl for sex then you need to tell her how you feel.

• No. Don't lead her on

• Maybe you'll learn to like her

• It would be rather unfair to her. If you don't see it working out, you are just setting her up for heartbreak.