How come its ok for girls to say they won't date short guys, but guys can't say they won't date fat girls?

People can control their weight not their height :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody likes being told they aren't desirable, and girls scream louder :)

Plus fat acceptance.

• I don't get why people hate "fat acceptance"?
      It's not so much about us accepting being fat, as if it equals to healthy. It's about bigger girls not hating themselves, and them being allowed to feel beautiful. Most bigger, (especially) young girls, will feel a hate of their body, no matter how much "fat acceptance" we they get force fed with.

• @ShaeNielson And if you read what *I* wrote, I never said any of the stuff you accused me of either.

The fat acceptance movement are the ones who make me feel guilty and make the snarky comments like that.

• Well, okay. I just read the "I hate that I am insulted with pro-fat comments.." part as if I was insulting you, for not digging fat girls. I do know that there is a fat acceptance movement, that wants guys who aren't into them, feeling shitty about it - that is not okay either.

What Girls Said 12

• I'd rather date a short guy than a fat guy. Everyone gets shit for preferences.

Prefer white guys? Racist
    Prefer thin girls? Fatphobic
    Prefer a partner with a good job? Gold digger
    Prefer older men? Daddy issues

Preferences are bloody important if we all liked the same thing we'd die out as a race. People just get far too insulted nowadays. If someone doesn't like them they take it as a personal attack. Fuck it I like older thin white guys with good job prospects. If that makes me a racist fatphobic gold digger with daddy issues go me.

• Lmao.. that was deep. I like white older men with good jobs and you know what someone told me once? Because my dad denied me for being darker than him I subconsciously only like white men so I can create the perfect color baby I never got to be. I was like.. whoa, what?

• People are idiots you like older white men with good jobs date one and fuck what anyone else says

• guys CAN say they won't date fat girls

• I think it's ok to say either. It's all about how you say it.

• They can say whatever they want although both of those comments are pretty shallow...

• As a woman, I think there's nothing wrong with it. It's your personal opinion and choice in which you're entitled to. If a girl gets that hurt that you won't go out wing her because of her weight than that chick is looking at the wrong kinds of guys for her. There's someone out there for everyone and people need to stop getting so butt hurt about someone's personal opinion and choice

• Lmaooo. Bc being fat is more mentally depressing, when girls hear you say that we instantly visualize a jerk. When we say we won't date a short guy it's not as bad bc many of us who say that are already short are true concern is for when we wear high heels.

• Being short is depressing as he'll too. Knowing your at a disadvantage when it comes to sport's and girls is very depressing as well...

• Because being short isn't considered a medical concern. People who are fat tend to be more prone to medical issues later down the road. Also heavier and or overweight people tend to pass on those genes to their offspring as well.

• Everyone can say whatever they want, for example many people are pretty direct with their preferences on this website.

• Everyone is allowed preferences.

• I haven't said that so I don't know

• Well it seems to be also okay to say"I don't date black people, I don't find them sexually attractive" without being called a racist

This whole conversation is a bit controversial but it always comes down to personal preference. People have right to decide what kind of people they want to date, no matter how shallow it is.

• Guys say they don't date fat chicks all the time.

What Guys Said 3

• I think both can say it, and both will get shit on by people who don't like it.

Anytime you don't do what people want you do, expect them to try to shame you into doing it.

• Say what you want, bro - and I don't just mean anonymously on the internet. The most attractive personality trait is honesty. Well... so long as you A) are comfortable with receiving flak equivalent to the flak you are doling out, and B) really are just being honest for honesty's sake, as opposed to being unnecessarily honest for cruelty's sake.

• As a very tall guy I would never date a short girl, and you know what? God forbid I state my preference, I get so much hate from short girls. At the same time, they're so vocal about preferring tall guys and don't seem to notice the hypocrisy.