Do you believe in soulmates? I feel like this guy was my soulmate?

Okay years ago I rejected a guy I had recently met because I had just gotten out of a relationship. However the rejection took a turn for the worst and he started acting really immature and avoiding me so I did the same back to him.

2 years later and it seems like this guy could be the one... we listen to all the same music... run into each other in the same places... and this has happened like 5 times where we will wear the exact same shirt on the same day (and not common one's either... like a really specific dark green or the exact same type of stripes)

It just seems like me and this guy are the same person and both too stubborn to talk to each other. And the way he looks at me his eyes he just stares into my soul...

Could he be the one or is this bullshit?

ALSO HE IS NOT A STALKER.

• He's your soulmate
  • Bullshit

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you and him will have to actually be together and see how you gel in a relationship scenario in order to say if you are true soul mates or not. When you're in that infatuation/lust phase before a relationship then normally everything does feel perfect, especially when you think of them and look at them. I don't see how it's possible to already say for sure but I do believe in the possibility of soulmates. Some people do just seem to be better suited for a certain person in some magical mysterious wise. But having the same interests and clothing sense does not in my opinion equal soul mates. You can be total opposites with someone and still feel like you are soul mates with that person.

• Thanks for the advice, maybe i am just building him up to be more perfect than he is in my head. Also excellent taste in music.

• That's totes normal :P We also put our crushes on pedestals ! <3

What Guys Said 5

• Its bullshit. Additionally, I also wouldn't go for a person who initially rejected me. I would not give you that satisfaction.

• no soulmates don't exist. that's a false rumor that goes around for centuries

• I'd get to know him better before you jump into the whole "soul mate" thing, but it's certainly better than descending into nihilism.

I believe in soul mates to an extent, but I think we have many possible soul mates.

• If you by soulmate mean a person ideally suited to you as a close friend or romantic partner, then there are many soulmates out there.

If you by soulmate mean a person with a destiny to be with you, then's it's a religious issue I do not share.

• I'm not religious either but I did mean the latter.

• That's called destiny, destiny is a religious view requiring intelligent design/guidance.

• Talk to him, does he believe in soul mates?

• I don't know like I said we haven't talked in 2 years. When we did I still felt that deep connection but had to push him out of my life and he didn't talk it well.

What Girls Said 3

• I actually recently found out not everyone believes in soul mates, I was shocked! I thought it was like a universal thought!

• Heh.. I was going to say that he may be stalking you. xD

• I don't believe in soul mates, but you guys do seem to have a deep connection.

• Yeah it's really weird... time stops when for like hours I swear when he looks into my eyes.

• He never smiles when we have those long eye contact moments it's too intense of a moment for that haha I can't bring myself to smile either i can't explain it's just like everything stops and it's just the two of us in that intense moment (sounds so cheesy)

• It sounds passionate! You should start talking to him again and see where things go.