How would you define a "player"?

There are so many different meanings for being a "player". Please tell me what you think a player is.

Updates:
Some people are saying that flirting and leading women/men on and not caring about their feelings is what a player is. Others say having sex with lots of women/men is also a player. But what if a guy had sex with lots of women and never hurt any of them? Would that still be considered as a player?

0|0
28|16

Most Helpful Girl

• A person who has multiple physical interactions with numerous people with no intentions of moving on to emotional closeness with them. They achieve their goal and once the chase is over, they either ride it out for a few times or quit it immediately and move on witj no regard for the feelings they instilled in their victims to achieve their goals. The dumping comes in the form of ghosting (disappearing suddenly without a trace) ot some lame, cowardly lie. The sad part is, they are so skilled and selfish that their conquests can believe they have good intentions; a skilled player never gives a clue he is playing the game. A player has no concern for breaking hearts and is incapable of getting his own heart involved. S/he is selfish and ignorant, caring only for himself. Almost narcissistic.

1|3
    0|0

What Girls Said 27

• I don't think having sex with many people should looked down upon, it's just someone fulfilling their sexual needs, no big deal. The only time I would classify someone as a player is if he led on girls knowingly just to get into their pants, someone who cheats, things like that. If I know a guy with a high number, but there's a difference between a guy who doesn't respect women and objectifies them and a guy who understands and takes into account the feelings of these girls.

1|2
    0|0
  • someone who talks to many people as more than friends , flirts with a lot of people and has a pretty lonng list of past hookups or a lot of experience with many people in a short amount of time

0|1
    0|0
  • A player is somebody who is in a relationship but plays the other party into thinking they're commited but still fooling around... A player is usually quite controlling and emotionally manipulative to their partner... They like to have their cake and eat it...

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, these are guys that seem to say the things you would want to hear. Then, the moment you think you've made a connection (usually after sleeping with him), he's gone.

What these guys do is seduce girls to get what they want. Then, once they have had it, they split. No strings, no attachments, nada.

0|0
    0|0
  • A chess player who has one too many pawns, and easily dismisses his queen.

0|2
    0|0
  • = someone that always succeeds making a touchdown, no matter the obstacles... when others seem to fail

0|0
    0|0
  • A heartless person who go around "shopping" for companionship or sex

1|3
    0|0
  • There are two types of players: the actual players and then the pretend players. Actual players don't want anything more than physical things and don't care about you as a person. Pretend players act confident and smooth and like they are too cool to actually date but actually have a really soft cute side to them (I'm super attracted to fake players ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Someone who flirts with too many girls
    Someone who dated too many girls in a too short amount of time
    Someone who cheats and lies about relationships/dating
    Someone who talks to girls more than they talk to guys
    (Same for girls)

1|0
    0|0
  • A guy that flirts with a lot of the girks and tends to talk to several of them at the same time and someone who is able to get a lot of girl's at one time

0|0
    0|0
  • well when I see a player... I see many things... the way they dress, talk and how many girls I see in a week...
    example. I know this guy that has 4-5 at night at his house and would have sex with all of them and they wouldn't even know.. because he is that good and weeks later they are gone and new ones come by... he is a sweet talker, he might use the perfect words to make you fall for him and they he use what you told him against you...

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who dates multiple people at the same time, probably making sure none of them find out about the others. Will almost always deny that they are a player when confronted and do whatever it takes to keep up the illusion that they're a decent person that other people should pursue. Frequent club-goer, one-night-stander, and liar. Live by the motto, "hit it and quit it". And that's just the start.

0|0
    0|0
  • Player is just someone who flirts with a bunch of girls and leads some on but doesn't want to commit

1|0
    0|0
  • A player is someone who's flirting with you as he flirts with another person and faking that interest to either just have sex, check you off of their list and break up, and/or using you for thier benefit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who posesses the art of manipulation

0|0
    0|0
  • A player is a person that have a lot of girls or guys at there call when ever and where ever they want them

1|0
    0|0
  • someone who flirts with many girls, someone who is in a relationship and still is interested din other girls saying they are hot and want to know more hot girls and flirts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting paid and getting laid HOLLA

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy who likes to touch girls and try to suduce them
    A girl who likes to flirt with every boy she can

0|0
    0|0
  • a person who flirts with a lot of girls, especially at the same time. and a guy who can't keep a relationship for a long time.

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy with many gfs and goes out with them all without letting others know

0|0
    0|1
  • a person who flirts with a lot of girls at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I th that a player is

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a player is
    A person who gets a lot of girls
    And toys with their hearts

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple. Any guy who uses deceptive tactics to get laid. Lying, cheating, game playing, etc.

Guys who have sex a lot are not players. If they are honest and respect the women they sleep with

Players view women as objects. If they viewed them as humans they wouldn't treat them like they're disposable.

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy who flirts with multiple women and dates multiple women when he could only be interacting with one person. A player is someone who wants a relationship but is to afraid to commit. Some of them are good at drawing girls in and making them feel special but when it comes time to show there partner that they love them don't know what to do. They want a relationship but don't want to put in the WORK. They know what to say to to make a women feel special. They like stringing women along and don't know what kind of relationship they want or who they want to be with.

0|0
    0|0
  • An insecure bitch who is not man or women enough to handle a long term relationship due to sever self esteem issues or dire insecurities... yuckyyyy...

0|2
    1|2

What Guys Said 16

• 2|2
    0|0
  • It's guy or girl who "plays" with someone else's heart in order to get something out of them.

A guy/girl that sleeps around isn't nessesarily a player. They're only a player if he/she lies or decieves/manipulates the other person. So as long as they are HONEST about their intentions then they aren't a player.

0|0
    0|0
  • a player is a WHORE but with no money... there is a different between an ashole and a player a player is sleeping with most of the girls he meets.. An asholes is leading girls but he do not want to commit.. most likely a player is an ashole too but an ashole may or may not be a player he can just lead on and thats it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I imagine it's someone who uses "tokens" to achieve some ultimate goal and "score".

2|1
    0|0
  • A selfish, shallow moron.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good looking/handsome, overly confident aka cocky/arrogant/enormous ego, and expert pickup artist aka very manipulative and selfish.

0|0
    0|0
    • A player doesn't want love, he wants to fuck as many pussies as possible. He does not care about a woman's feelings unless caring about them means he can get in her pants.

I don't think it's possible for unattractive/average person to be a player since you need great looks to have such an impeccable self-esteem and confidence. But I guess it's possible if some guy is just being delusional haha.

It's like beautiful women. The more sexy you are, the more aware you become of your manipulative charms. And it's tempting to use those charms to your advantage. Knowledge is power, being beautiful is being powerful, and knowing that you are more beautiful than others is the most dangerous combination.

"Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best."
      -Edward Abbey

• a person who takes part in a game, or is skilled in some game or sport. =]

1|0
    0|0
  • People who are not serious, usually guys. They talk and try getting all the girls they can but never stick with just one. It's like a challenge for them. Poor guys to be involved with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who manipulates others to fall for them. It doesn't even have to lead to sex. I knew a female player once, she would have guys lined up for her, she was really good... SHE GOT ME HOOKED TOO FOR A WHILE... hah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any player who plays mainstream games except arcade and phone games. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • A magnet for stupid women.

0|0
    0|0
  • True players are hard to figure out. Dumb ones always get caught up. A glance at ones phone can say a lot. Yet a true player has a phone you haven't seen. Phones!!! Go through it

0|0
    0|0
  • One who intentionally deceives others for their own personal gain in the sex department.

0|0
    0|0
  • A douche bag who needs to die.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a player. I play video games.

0|0
    0|0
  • Manipulative, smooth, charming, and unfaithful. It's as simple as that, and yes I am saying this because I use to be one.

0|0
    0|0