Long distance relationships. Possible or not?

Is a long distance relationship possible?

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion it is possible, but only if every other factor of the relationship is right. It requires not being too clingy and also you'd have to have a shitload of trust, because you can never know what the other one is doing right now and you just have to trust them.

I have lived in a long distance relationship for over a year and it was great. The reason because we broke up is that we became kind of distant with our feelings... We just didn't really love each other anymore, and we still are friends now.

So, I guess that kind of relationship is not for everyone, but definetly possible if the two people are just the "perfect" match for each other. So, if it feels right: Just go for it :)

What Guys Said 26

• I think anything is possible if two people are dedicated enough to make it work. And are truly committed to each other. Distance doesn't have no boundaries if two people fully love each each other.

• possible = yes
    cheating = even more possible :-P

• of course its possible, but not probable.

• In most cases, it never works out. Without the physical action... something as simple as seeing each other in the flesh or just a simple touch... a distant relationship is doomed.

• Depends on the two people. Early life like, pre- and teenlife mostly impossible cause people change at that time the most. Once you get older and realise what you REALLY want in life, a long-distant relationship with a person with a developed mind is way more than possible.

• I lasted about a year without seeing each other but then it had to end because i felt like i was living an illusion of being in a relationship while in fact i wasn't and also i started thinking that are they really worth limting my self and not trying with others that live around me and just hoping that things will be alright with that person

• Yeah it is possible, but it needs so much effort and a great love. Sometimes it causes you to cry and feel really alone so when this happens, you understand how strong your bond is, or how weak of course. Not everyone is capable of having a relationship like this but i always want to have a long distance relationship rather than straight. Because ldr's bond is way stronger than the straight relationship's bond. Especially when you live in different countries.

• Possible, but improbable.

Been in two and both ended in disaster.

• No I think not, sex is boring. lol close distant relation plenty of masturbating, it is more personal

• certainly as long as you can both commit. im experience in long distance and it surely can work, specially when you have means of seeing each other

• If it wasn't you'd not be asking.

• It's possible but it'll be hard as titanium and expensive as balls.

• yes. I've been a relationship with someone for 1 and a half years and its been great.

• I'm from Alberta Canada and I've been in a two year relationship with a girl from California and we are happy

• Possible if you have concrete plans on being together at some point. Sooner rather than later and are in a position to visit.

• i think if it will end by meeting and see eachother, it is possible, if meeting is not possible so it will be painful

• Yep if you keep the communication strong.

• possible but painfull.

• Yeah definitely it's difficult but it's possible I'm in one right now I'm 15 and my girlfriend is too we haven't seen each other but she'll come to Denmark where I live for summer so it's gonna be great she's from Los Angeles

• It´s posible as long as the ones that are in that type of relationship thinks it´s posible.

• Dont waste your time

• Short answer.. No

• If the two involved truly love each other, then yes.

• not. not for a long time

• Yes its possible
    And it depend on many many things
    It's possible but its diffecult

• in my opinion, it's possible if you have a goal to reach together, something to look forward to. I'm in this case : with my long-distance girlfriend, we promised we will meet next summer, which really helps keeping the relationship fresh and genuine.

Also, about the lack of physical contact, erotism is still possible, even through a long distance.

What Girls Said 41

• My boyfriend is in the Army. Not only does that mean that he is 900 miles away from me (away from home), but I have to go weeks at a time without even a word from him. He can't have his phone, and can only contact family, friends by letters in the mail. I normally get 3 letters a month and they all come in on the same day. About once every month, most of the time, he gets a phone call home. The last time I spoke over phone with him it was Thanksgiving (they gave the soldiers a call home). I got to talk to him for exactly 4 minutes and 46 seconds. Barely enough time to say a word. I couldn't even tell him I was headed in for an emergency surgery 4 days after that day.

I say this not to rack up sympathy because no, I don't need it. And I say it not to get attention. I say it because if holding a relationship with him is possible -- holding a relationship with no boundaries but* distance, is very possible.

• Yes, if you have already been in a strong relationship for a long while with them. And LDR's don't generally work out for very long periods of time.

• Long distance relationships are possible. i met my husband online and we did long distance until he proposed. It was very hard but it was worth it. It does take a lot of trust, travel, and communication. My parents were on two opposite end of the country and they have been married for 27 years.

• Yes it is possible. But it takes a lot of commitment, effort, trust, and love. If one is serious about the relationship, then it's completely worth it. If not, I wouldn't recommend it. I personally have been in a long distance relationship for a year now, and I'm holding up even though it's really painful to be apart from my SO. But it's definitely worth it in my situation because I'm engaged and very happy.
    You and the guy just got to figure out if you'll be able to stay strong, and be patient, and loyal to each other. If you can manage that, then hey go ahead.
    Good luck! :) x

• Yes. I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years and looking forward to marriage after college.

• There have been numerous amount of success stories about folks who made it through and live together now. On the contrary, there have been many cases where both parties get really hurt because it doesn't work out. I guess it depends on both sides, but only time will tell.

• I have been in a long distance relationship for over a year. It is hard but he is worth it for me. We text and Skype almost every day (thought we do go weeks without Skype because of busy schedules). It is hard and there are many miss-communications. You have to be willing to work through it together. Also you guys have to talk about how you plan to close the distance. LDR's do not last forever. Are you willing to spend the money to travel and see them? Are you or him willing to move closer to the other? Away from family and friends? these are things you have to consider. But it is not impossible if you love each other and are willing to try and make it work.

• No, I don't think so. It's hard to mantain a long distance relationship and the distance causes some problems.

• If it's true love between u and ur lover then it's possible
    And u shud trust ur lover too or u will Hv fights always in the relationship

• Depends on the commitment to each other. If it's not speled out beforehand what's expected of each other, I wouldn't bother and just cut them loose.

• It's pretty possible if you two keep in contact at least 3-5 times a week or more and you guys meet every once in a while

• If you 2 like honestly love each other then yes it is possible but its also a very big emotional struggle

• They are possible, but there needs to be a meeting sooner rather than later. I know for me personally I start losing interest if I always feel alone. I need physical contact with someone if I'm going to be in a relationship with them.

• i just attended a wedding from a long distance relationship, she met him online when she was 15 and now she is 20 ( they met when they were 18 by the way ) and that gives me hope because I'm in a long distance relationship and i hope to see him in a few months.. if its true love its possible

• yes i think it is. It may be difficult but it could even make your love stronger.

• it is too tough. I will not try it again. but it can be possible if you two really want to be together.

• nononnonono

• Yes. Definitely yes. Because even if your LDR and you are loyal to your partner you can achieve a LONG LASTING RELATIONSHIP.

• In 99.99999% of all cases
    No

• Mmm hard but I would say deffinetly NO NO part of wanting a relationship is wanting attention, affection and precense of another because you feel alone. If its long distance and the person isn't around but very selsom , what's the point?

• Not possible. :( It sucks though

• I highly recommend you to avoid that not being able to spend your times with your partner and just doing video chats and so..
    that's not healthy and you both will be bored

• It's possible, you just need lots of trust in the other person and it depends on how much you love/care about that person also you have to know if they feel the same way back.

• Possible. Difficult. Very difficult. but possible.

• Yes
    It is possible I have done it before and it worked you gotta trust one another

• Possible. It's not for everyone though, so that doesn't mean it'll work out fine.

• . Possible love is love

• Its Possible yes.

• Only if is true love it's possible

• for me possible

• More from Girls
    11