I feel like my bf is putting off meeting my mother... Advice?

We've been together for 5 months now, 3 of which have been exclusive, and my mother is wondering when she is going to meet mystery man.

It would be easier if I did not live with my mom, but I do. My boyfriend has said that he doesn't have a problem popping in and introducing himself or going to dinner with my family... Just it hasn't happened yet.

How can I make this introduction happen without dragging my boyfriends feet? I haven't really brought it up sense November... Should I just ask him what day next week he is free to come over for dinner at my mothers?

Any advice is appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• set a date for the future. bam. donzo.

What Guys Said 2

• You should ask him if he would like to meet your mother.

You should also be prepared to accept the reality that he may not be ready for meeting your parent (s) and proceed from there.

• I hate to meet my gf's parents. I got really nerveous and don't want to meet them. I date with HER, not her parents so I don't need to know them.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he's nervous or either he thinks its too soon for family meeting. My fiance didn't meet my mom until we was almost engaged.

• You know if you want to be exclusive and dedicated by now, if he has no interest in meeting your mom it means he doesn't see being with you long term. My husband told me that when we were going out and neither of us had taken the steps to meet family members.

• He says he wants to meet her but just hasn't taken to initiative to do so... He has met my brother and I his grandmother.