He said he is at a low point in his life and does not see me long term. Is this because he is at a low point? or he does in fact not want to date me?

Was seeing this guy for about three months but he ended it. He told me that right now I am seeing him at a low point in his life. That we should not go any further physically but should just be friends. He said that he is kinda a mess and basically made the point that he needs to fool around with other girls because he is not ready for a relationship and that if we were to have sex he would basically lose interest in me. As well he will be moving from the area in around 4 months. When he said that he didn't see me long term he said cause not only will be living in different areas but he is at a weird point in his life. He said he didn't see me in a romantic way but out of all the girls he has gone on dates with in the area he would of wanted to date me. I'm sooo confused. And when he said he didn't want to hurt me he also said he was about to cry. I guess what I am getting at is that is he saying he doent see me long term because he is so confused about everything in general about his life? or because he just doesn't see me that way? Advice would be much appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Without it being etched in stone, Corri14, the writing is on the wall and all, that there are just too many obstacles here, dear, that are in the way from you Both------Long term.
    He was this Honest John with everything when he realized he may have started something with you that he couldn't finish. This is why he told you what was on his plate and just wanted to 'Be friends' in the end. He did it for Both of you because I also believe he didn't want to end up hurting you.
    He is right... is at a weird point in his life. There are just too many things going on his life at this point in time and with This, he didn't feel it was fair to you to get into anything heavy and most likely would have gone down this beaten path where he ended To----Fool around with other girls. There may be a million an done things in his life, on his mind, that you don't know about.
    Move on and consider this a little lesson in love. Should you meet someone the next time around, go easy, don't wear your heart on your sleeve until you know them much better and can feel where they are coming from And----Where they are going.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• Just read most of it... this is just a elaborate "its not you its me" line move on and find a guy that wants the same thing as you, if you persist with a person that doesn't see themselves long term with you its a waste of time for you... worst line ever "if we were to have sex he would basically lose interest in me" that's such a cop out by him haha.

• he needs to love himself before he can love others in my opinion

What Girls Said 1

• He's basically not attracted to you