Why do girls say yes and then flake on a date?

Are there multiple reasons?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes girls don't have the guts to say no straight away, even though it was always a no and they always planned to cancel.

What Girls Said 2

• I was guilty of this today. He asked me out a week ago for tomorrow, and I just lost interest in going. For me, it is because I am juggling way too much right now and sort of getting interested in one guy in particular. I did tell him I wasn't going to be able to make it, though.

Usually for me it is lack of interest unless I genuinely had something come up. I will NEVER just not show up, though. I will always contact him and tell him.

• Or some girls are cat fishers and just liked the attention and like to lead people on.

• The same could be said then for the guy who bailed on me Saturday because of a "cold" and never called back, I guess. I hadn't thought of him making/breaking dates just to lead girls on.

We just never know what is really going on and most people are too cowardly to just be honest :(

• 1. They don't like you.
    2. They are shy.
    I was shy and stood my bf up once just cause. He was really sad, I made it up to him later though. (I stood him up in the beginning when we started dating.)

What Guys Said 5

• Just one reason. She's just not that into you.

• What does flaking a date mean? like suddenly not showing up? Hmmm maybe they had second thoughts about your or they legit were busy.

• Because they don't know how to say no without feeling bad.

• They are catfishers

• Because they have doubts about you no matter how irrational they are.