Do guys from wealthy families care about how wealthy a girl's family is?

So my parents are probably middle-class, a little below middle-class and I have been talking to a boy who comes from a really wealthy family.

i live on my own but my parents just live in an apartment and he practically lives in a mansion... I am attractive and I know he likes me but could that at all be something to be concerned about?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• They'll just have a notion in the backs of their heads that the girl's only dating him for his wealth and not who he is. So if you seem like you're just in it for freebies he may worry. He may also be judgmental on your job type whereas guys not into wealth typically don't judge a girl by such a thing.

• Their primary worry tends to be gold diggers.

Some a snobs but a lot are prepared to accept a poorer but hard working and financially responsible girl.

• I personally don't, but parents are all about that. Yes, I know about morals, ethics and stuff, it's more that you two can find common ground and communicate.

• They're only worried if she loves the money more than him.

Make it obvious that you're in it for the meat and not the dough. As long as he believes that, he probably won't give much of a rat's ass about your financial situation.

Now if you're irresponsible with money and a shopaholic, he may give you shit about that. But if that's not the case, then don't worry about it.

Chances are he likes your body and personality much more than your dough.

• I never said he makes a lot of money, he doesn't. I make way more than him and once I am done school I will too so money was never an issue for ME.

• Alright then you're set.

• The guy might not but do keepinmind that if he still lives under the parents wing, they will mind.

• All these comments make me not want to date him anymore.

• I wish you and him nothing but the best.

• Thanks a lot :D

• I think it would be worse if it was the other way around, but I guess their biggest concern is if you have a future. What are you studying, are you ambitious?

• Yeah I am. I am not using him for money... why do guys keep saying that.

• I didn't say that, but his parents might think you do, especially if you are good looking. ^^

• I am wealthy but came from the middle class. Someone once told my sister that the best people come from the middle class, he was self made as well. Now she is wealthy. I think people from the middle class are the salt of the earth and the best overall. i would prefer my sons to marry someone from the middle class. My daughter is dating someone that i think may be an order of magnitude richer than me though and i am good with that as he seems like really good people. i dont want a rich douchebag as the father of my grandchildren, i want a real man and i think he may be that guy but too early to tell for sure.

• Oh, and i married a girl who was dirt poor, best thing i ever did.

• He is probably not , but his parents is Most likely , since the wealth is coming from them not him

• Generally speaking guys don't care at all about how much money a woman earns or her family's status. That is a female thing, not a male one.

• if anything, only his parents would care, if they are really really snobby

• Not always, but they will care about your gold digging.

• I'm not a gold digger you asshole. I study hard and make way more money than he does and don't rely on my parents.

• "You again always honest" learn how to write.

I'm done speaking with you because its obvious what you are. Good day and don't worry some man will love you some day :)

• I do know the know the truth, you however don't have a clue and quite frankly are really predictable. Predictable is boring and one dimensional.

• If genders were reversed (you were a guy and he was girl), then yes it would be a big problem. Fortunately for you, you are in fact a girl and he a guy. And since guys don't give a shit about that sort of thing (women are the ones who tend to care about that sort of thing), you should be just fine.

What Girls Said 4

• talking in what sense? is he ur bf?

Give it a try, nothing to lose. most importantly don't pretend to be rich or be something that ur not.

I also suggest if u 2 are serious about it that u raise this issue with him and see what his parents think.

• I make a lot of money on my own and have my own place. I make more money thank he does and don't rely on my parents so.

• than this is great! if u like him and he likes you than don't be bothered about the difference between your parents house and theirs. that's life, some has more than others but that doesn't mean that they are better persons or work harder. u are hard working and ambitious

• Some do and some don't
    Royalty rich yes

• I wouldn't say he is royalty rich. Also he is very humble and not cocky at all.

• You are probably some fat ugly girl with no college degree and who isn't even rich. So yeah you are pathetic by pretending to be someone else lol byee

• 😂😂😂😂😂

• I wouldn't care

• In my case, it really isn't much on wealth but on education. My boyfriend comes from a family of doctors (his parents, siblings, aunts/uncles) and other medical occupations (cousins) . We both feel pressured by his family.