I asked a 31 year old girl for a date. I'm 21. Is that weird? What are her thoughts?

So I met her this Tuesday. I asked her if we can meet on the weekend for a coffee. She said Ok to it, although I didn't say the word "date" out. I guess she got the message anyway. Well if we can call this a date.. Coz it is a meeting after all.
So after the first meeting, when I asked her for contact details (I asked EITHER name or phone nr but then she gave name , plus said that the phone nr on the Facebook profile. )

What do you think her thoughts are?

We also had conversation on Facebook like 2 times, she seemed to be talkative and not shy

Most Helpful Guy

• When I ask most girls out to lunch or coffee, they know/assume it's a date (and this includes one who wanted to clarfy whether it was a date I was asking her on). I kind of label these as pre-dates, a chance to get to know the person, without the pressure of any date business to go with it. Perhaps if you're thinking of making it clear you'd like to see her again in that context, suggest you go do something you have in common or both enjoy (i. e. not coffee again). Do take it slow, though, or she might just think you want to get into her pants for kicks

• Yeah this pre date thing you said is pretty much what I have on my mind

What Girls Said 3

• Not really, but from personal experience, most women that age want sex from a guy that age, and generally not anything serious.

• Yes, well... she might not take you seriously... That's the draw back in this situation.
    It's not weird, but it would be weird (unfortunately) in some cultures for the girl to say 'yes' to that date. Judgmental cultures. :/

• Meeting for coffee and a date are not the same thing unless you specifically say so. Might want to clarify that next time. Considering the age difference and meeting for coffee you're probably the only one thinking it's a date

• I didn't regret that I didn't say "date". Even if I could go back I would not change my words. Brr that would be creepy , we don't even know each other. I think the gag question was composed in a wrong way.

What Guys Said 2

• i'm sure she feels very flattered

• as long as you just wanna fuck, be happy if she says yes, but i wouldn't expect anything serious