(Please answer this one instead of my other post) Do you think two people with ADHD would be bad for each other?

A few days ago, I found out that my guy friend whom I have feelings for has the same disorder as me, ADHD. My first reaction when I found out was, "what..." My second reaction was joy because I felt that it was another similarity that we share. Now I'm thinking, "I've lost the possibility of being with him", but am I wrong? Honestly, the answer I want to hear is "yes, you're wrong. you two could work out well." But, I really need your honest opinions. Thanks :)

• Yes, two people with ADHD would/could make a disastrous couple
  • No, two people with ADHD would/could make a successful couple.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pffft. I have this so called disorder. I consider it an advantage. If you have it, do you think there won't be issues living with someone who doesnt? Of course there will. Just like living with someone who does. Issues will pop up either way. But i embrace it and actually feel that i have an advantage with it in todays world. The world is so multitasked today that i feel sorry for those who dont have it.

• Thanks for MHO. by the way, i have been married to my non-ADHD wife for 28 years and dated engaged her for 5 before that so no issues in 33 years. She is a very plan oriented person but we compliment each other as I add the action and spice in life. my oldest son has it and just graduated with his Masters degree in Computer Information Systems. Good luck.

• I'm so glad that everything is going well for you. All the best.

What Guys Said 2

• Two people with ADHD will think together similarly. Oh, and by the way, hello, fellow ADHD person! Anyways, you would both be energetic and unable to sit still (what I'm assuming. ) Of course it can still work, if not work better!

• Adhd is not that bad, I have it and know people who do but I don't get why people think it will ruin relationship. Maybe I'm missing something?

• I think we all have it on different levels. This guy I'm talking about has it worse than I do. He has the same problems but on a higher level.

• I was diagnosed at 17, started meds a year later. But I had those side effects, and after a while of taking it, the side effects disappeared.

• that's good to hear! i wish you all the best.

What Girls Said 1

• we all have quirks, at least the two of you will be able to understand each others better. don't worry about. go for it. (: