Has a guy ever approached you in public?

Hitting on you, of course.. I don't see that many guys actually doing it.

• Yes
  • No
  • See answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, haha at work. I worked at Walgreens in the photo developing department for a while and when I was checking this guy out at the cash register he started hitting on me. He started by saying I had "bedroom eyes." I'm the shy type, so that embarrassed the hell out of me! LOL. He then was like, "If I didn't have a girlfriend, i'd be making sure you were mine. You look kinky with those bedroom eyes.. I work at this bar, you should come see me, i'll hook ya up." Oh my. Still makes me laugh to this day.

What Girls Said 16

• A stranger? thrice.
    guys i know? multiple times-.- but not often.

• A few times. It's a nice little confidence booster, but I'm so oblivious that I don't realize I'm being hit on til later, so it's too late to actually go out with the guy even if I want to. :/

• Yes, most recently a couple of weeks ago actually. A guy chatted be up on the train for an hour even though I constantly tried to shake him off (I have a boyfriend) haha some guys just don't notice the signs when a girl is not interested :P Guys often hit on you on clubs too, but I don't think that that really counts as they usually just go between one girl to the next to find someone to sleep with

• A few times. They always say that they are asking for a friend but I still turn them down anyways since I'm not interested. And I don't know them personally, who knows what kind of person they are.

There was one rather rude time that I remember, in which a group of guys meowed when my friend and I walked by in short shorts (it's very hot in the country I'm in, so we often wear shorts). My friend got super pissed and flipped them off... apparently they liked that -____-

• Nowadays, it's very rare for guys to act on attraction and approach a stranger girl to hit on them. Could it be because of cowardice of being rejected or just plain uninterest?

• The very real fear that you will be called a creep or maybe called out for sexual harassment rather than just genuinely being attracted to someone..

• Just in clubs mostly, I think the alcohol helps.

• It's where the action is most times. Well if you don't count lewd messages on GAG. hahahaha

• Yeah, one guy came up to me at a bus stop (I'm 5ft) and said "you know great things come in small packages so you must be really great." I thought it was kinda sweet until he wouldn't leave me alone after I told him I wasn't interested lol.

• Yeah, a few times haha.

• It's happened before.

• Happened in bars/clubs never randomly on the street though.

• Yes few x in the past

• many random places ahah xD

• At the library, bookstore because I'm a midget.

• At college I had a guy come up to me and tel me I was beautiful then asked for my number

• Guys have cat called me in public, but never actually hit on me.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm one of the few guys I know who does it, approaching on the street and that sort of thing. Most guys are afraid of being called out for sexual harassment, afraid of being rejected, things along those lines.

As for your question, you could have made it clearer. Being approached in a bar is in public, but women expect to be approached there. Approaching on the street is public, but women aren't approached there as often. Your poll is going to be a bit skewed.

• nope and i hope it'll never happen LOL

• A guy hitting on me? Of course not. But I think a guy approached me before in school, then we became best friends. :)

• well sometimes you might think that you dont see it that often, but maybe you see it all the time and just automatically think that they know each other... i experience this a lot!