Just graduated college, laid off and down on my luck. Friend thinks I should try dating. Should I?

A few months ago, I graduated from college with a degree in engineering. The company I was working for full-time laid me off over a month ago and I've been scrambling to find work related to my field ever since. I was about to move out of my parents' place and put a down payment on a car, then the company laid me off. I've been down on my luck and frankly a bit depressed.

My friend suggested that I try dating and flirting to distract myself. I have a problem with this, because, I don't have work, a car or a place of my own right now and would never normally think it was okay to try dating without having at least steady work. Thus far, I was almost engaged in the past and have had many shorter, less pleasant relationships. I'm a virgin by choice- I don't want to wait for marriage or anything, I just didn't feel the spark with any of my exes. I'm conflicted and want a little advice from outside.

• Try dating! It can't hurt.
  • Get your life in order, then get back in the game.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say get your life in order before dating. I am not too sure a girl who date a guy with no job, car or place. Unless the girl is understanding of the stituation and comes to terms of you being laid off.

What Girls Said 1

• Woah, this is crazy. It's like you're a male version of me lol. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. Putting myself in your position, I say just straighten your life out first. There'll be time to date later on. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Unless you find that extremely rare individual female who isn't a complete narcissist you shouldn't bother dating because with no income, women will not be able to leech off of you because dating is you wasting money on them whilst getting almost nothing in return.

Yes, I know I sound bitter, sorry, but that's just the reality of things.