Why do girls date even though there not ready for a relatinship?

I talk to girls and they are dating but say they aren't ready for a relatinship. Then why are they dating? They won't give me a straight answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, I used to have an ex boyfriend like this. It was weird because when I wanted more, I was cool about it and decided to stop hanging out but he freaked lol.
    But I think it might either be that they aren't over the last relationship yet or don't want to be tied down to one relationship at all. Either way, they should be upfront about their expectations from the start, and of they are, it's best to either accept it or move on.
    I just got out of a serious relationship (a marriage) a few months ago and I'm nowhere near ready for dating. I think some pursue it when they're not ready out of loneliness, to make an ex jealous, to make themselves feel better, or maybe they just want some sex. Not really the best reasons (except the sex, if everyone is on board), but that's what it is. They could also be saying they're not ready for a relationship if you're not the person they want to date. I personally am not trying to date right now because I don't want my pain to cause someone else's.

What Girls Said 4

• - Peer pressure because others are doing so
    - can't be alone so to escape loneliness
    - To get a high status among others
    - to not spend Valentine's day alone lol
    - to pass their time (fucktards)

I am 18 and I have not dated yet because I know have commitment issues and depression and anxiety problems so it's better to keep a nice guy away from this mess.

• Sometimes, it's because they prefer to date casually. Other times, that's code for just not wanting a relationship with that specific person.

• Men do the same thing

• People is always ready.

They just say "they are not ready for a relationship" because they haven't found the one that they like yet.

• Say if a girl just got out of a 4 year long relatinship 2 months ago. Should would still date after that long of a relatinship?

• I do care about her and I did tell her I would wait for a little. Seee she was the one who took things to fast, met her grandma date 2. She would call me after work then again to say goodnight. The first week we where dating she stayed up with me until 2am to talk because I was bored at work. She kissed me first and said I made her the happiest girl that she has been in a long time. Think I'm reading in it too much.

• At least I would never do or say anything I don't feel or I'm not comfortable with. I could also say that there is a good number of girls that will say the same.

The other thing is that you always want to feel you attract people and feel that someone cares about you.

Overthinking is always a bad move since is self destructive. Just hang in there if you want, if not move on. Maybe she is willing to offer more than she thinks.

What Guys Said 3

• Because it's acceptable to casually date.

• because dating is just dating. I date for fun. sometimes I just wanna wine and dime a girl.

• they just want the D. or dont find you attractive, a polite rejection. keep it moving.