Do your friends bother you about being single... When you WANT to be single?

I have some friends that will ask me if I'm dating someone nearly every time I see them.
I feel ashamed while the truth is, I simply don't want to be in a relationship!!! I can truthfully say I think it strikes people as odd that I'm single. I think a lot of people are out there like me. I just don't want to be with someone right now.

And any suggestions on how to stop it? Because I've explained. I've also tried saying "oh, maybe I should think about it." Doesn't seem to matter.
I want to not deal with this :-/ nobody else seems to have this problem! My problem with it in particular is it invades my privacy in a way as well

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I hear a lot of I can't believe he's single from women... and a lot of he's living the life from men...

What Guys Said 3

• Not my closest friends. They know what's up.

• Well, your being single makes you more readily available to men.

• It does not go that way. Just be what you are & Tell them to fuck off

What Girls Said 2

• My best friend does all the time. I'm single. He always says I should go out and get laid lol. My older cousin as well says she's going to find me a guy. When honestly I feel like I don't need a guy to feel complete in my life. I'm fine being single especially after all the shit I've seen people go through being in relationships. Personally when my best friend says that, I tell him to f**k off and tell him why he doesn't go look for a gf. And my cousin I tell her I don't need a man unlike her (which is honestly true, it seems like she needs to be in a relationship all the time) and she just says whatever. So don't let it affect you. In the end do what you want. It invades my privacy but it doesn't matter what they think as long as I'm good with my decision.

• Thank you, I think your cousin sounds like one of my friends. I just realized she's basically jumped into another relationship and is on me about it! Perhaps she feels embarassed to feel she needs one. But it hurts to be bothered all the time. It's like saying I have a problem with wanting to be single!

• You're welcome. And maybe its possible, not everyone is ok with being single. So maybe. It does kinda hurt, I understand but whatever don't let it get to you. You're fine being single and happy. So its not your problem, it's theirs for thinking you need to be with someone. So don't worry about it and what others think that's the main thing.

• My friends do not do that.