Why do people complain about people not tipping servers?

A customer has the right to not pay a tip and whether you think thats cheap or greedy is your problem. A customer is not responsible for paying a workers salary. People go to restaurants to eat food not pay peoples salary. The servers boss is supposed to reward his workers for good service also it is not the customers fault that servers are not paid full wages. So if you don't like people tipping then find a better job and complaining about certain ethnicities not tipping is not going to pay your bills.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless the waiter/waitress is a complete ass, I always tip even if the service wasn't too great. You never know what reason service might not be good, and leaving a good tip and being respectful and kind to the staff might salvage a little bit of their day.
    But if it's the rude, gum-chewing, emo chick that says, find a table I'll be there in a minute- and then I'm left waiting for half an hour and when she finally does come she's still bitchy- then she ain't getting no tip. (That's just an example it's not like that's the ONLY thing that will keep me from tipping haha)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• You certainly don't owe the restaurant or its workers anything, beyond the prices that you have agreed to pay. You should never tip out of a sense of guilt.

However, I think tipping can be in your self-interest, if the service was good. I never tip for bad service. But, I do tip for good service, and that's around 90% of the time. Here's why. It's in your self-interest to incentivize servers to provide good service. It's also in your self-interest to let a restaurant manager know whether a particular server has provided good service or bad service. Furthermore, the continuing practice of tipping encourages people to become servers and to remain servers, and it's in your self-interest that there shouldn't be a lack of servers in the industry, such a lack being potentially fatal to the industry or to parts of it.

• It is very unusual to tip in my country because good service is just seen as someone doing their job. It is appreciated don't get me wrong but we don't believe in tipping over it.

• I personally think we should abolish tipping so we can get rid of these petty arguments, but then you still end up fucking over those people that work at ridiculously fancy restaurants and get mega awesome tips (unless, of course, their wages were higher).

And yet, tipping is supposed to be an individualized incentive in our current monetary system to give those competitive workers an edge regardless of skill levels.

There's no way to win except for not going out to eat. Which I rarely do.

• People tip out of common courtesy, someone has brought you food or done you a service.
    The wages are abysmal in many cases.

I'm more than happy to tip my waiter/waitress if they have done their job well.
    For example, I went to a shit restaurant. . and the only thing that made that evening amazing was the fact the waiter was the nicest most efficient peep I have ever met!
    so we stayed and he got a decent tip ^_^

However. . I don't judge peeps who don't tip. It's their choice.

• Amen amen amen

• With you on that.