Why am I single? The guys Im into never seem to like me?

So first off, I am a 19 year old female, I'm pretty good looking, nothing's wrong with me, at all, except... I can't seem to find a boyfriend. Guys just don't seem interested in me and the ones that do, are not my type. I am mostly into blonde men, nothing special you know, just the average American blonde blue eyed Cali boy.
But somehow, these types of guys never seem to like me, I only get hit on by rather exotic looking guys.. not that that's a bad thing, I am not racist of trying to offend anybody it just seems weird to me, like, why would these guys flirt with me and the ones I actually like won't?
Also, most people I know are happily in love and I always end up being single... I've only been with 2 guys in my entire life but that didn't last... long.
These 2 guys only wanted to hook up with me, the first one, at least, had the decency to take me to a "final date" and say goodbye and stuff, as for the second one (some spoiled little prep school kid whos dad's an actor), i never heard from him after our one night stand (?) i dont even know what to call it because we didn't actually get to have sex. Never been in a relationship, wtf is wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're single because you turn away guys that are interested in you. That's really about it.

Blonde and blue-eyed are not common. Both of those are recessive traits. You are fishing in a small pond, and that's only from the two traits you've mentioned. When you start applying the unspoken requirements (tall, decent job, car, attractive, wants a relationship, etc.), you cut your pool of potential guys down to almost nothing, and you're competing with all of the other girls that like blonde blue-eyed attractive guys. Remember, your dating pool is only made up of the people that want to date you. What are you doing to stand out?

If you want something you're not getting, then either take what you're getting, or go get what you want. Consider doing any (or all) of the following:
    -Take the initiative with the guys you want
    -Better yourself physically
    -Better your personality
    -Lower your standards

What Guys Said 10

• Simple. You treat those that you don't like who like you differently than the ones that you actually like. You need to reverse that.

• Well, first of all most Americans aren't blonde with blue eyes. Now everyone has a type, including myself have a stereotypical type, but I've found many of the best relationships, and many of the ones my friends have had (and most of them are happily married too) are with people who didn't fit into their "type." That is not to say they weren't attracted to them by any means, for instance my best buddy's brother was always into tall blondes with pale skin. He is now happily married to a petite, ebony haired, olive skinned woman.

There is a difference between having a type and refusing to date anyone who doesn't exactly conform to that type. I'm not saying if you are completely not attracted to someone go out with them anyway, just maybe you should loosen some of your restrictions on who you will go out with a little.

• You think just because YOU'RE attracted to them that they are supposed to automatically be attracted to you too? It doesn't work like that.

I don't understand the one night stand thing. Y'all didn't have sex... how is it a one night stand? o. O

I don't know what to tell you other than to hope that some stereotypical, white, American, guy likes you.

• well we did other stuff and he tried to "put it in" buuuut it wasn't working, somehow he couldnt...

• well i guess he's not a douchebag, i just dont like his behavior, like for instance when we were on our date he would critisize every person our age that walked by us, just cause they didn't seem to be "rich kids" im using his own words here. Like i said, his dad's an actor so yeah... you get the picture

• Ohhhh I see. He was a spoiled rich kid. Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Snobby, "hot shot", stuck up. I gotcha.

• Aww darn, i'm Dirty Blonde with Green eyes, I gues I don't fit the description. It's ok to know what you want, just make sure you don't pass up the right guy cause he doesn't look exactly how you want them. And it's alright, i've never had a girlfriend in my life.

• Maybe you're going for looks which isn't uncommon. But not the real person underneath the exterior.
    Sorry to be opinated. Relationships develop smoothly via personalities than defined features. Features although very enticing at first sometimes don't always mature to love or a committed relationship.

• Unfortunately you technically cannot claim to be a virgin, as you were partially penetrated. Penetration is penetration, whether it be superficial or deep.

• actually i still am, according to my gynecologist.

• Just don't mislead people. That's not cool. I mean good for you for waiting until you were adult, but lying ain't right

• im not... i myself though i was a virgin, until now haha, still my gynecologist thinks otherwise cause the hymen is intact

• Maybe it's because you have the same taste in men as Hitler? Haha, I kid.

You're too picky would be my first guess.

• maybe you suffer from the "i don´t want what i can have but i want what i can´t have" syndrome?

• The same way you decided to want blonde hair and blue eyes those guys have the right to pick everything except you... life doesn't always work the way we want it to

• really? just the blonde ones? the other ones are all over me? no there HAS to be some other explanation.

• A model uhh have I seen you around lol
      Maybe the fact that you're a model means that you think you deserve hotter guys
      Every relationship has someone who settled: So who will that be for you?

• no i am generally not going for the hot ones, i like the average looking guys mostly the only thing i really care about is the skin/hair color, im not exclusively going for the blonde ones... thats my mistake i didn't explain myself right, i like white guys like, british/american/german/australian/nordic people caucasians in general but i seem to only get hit on by hispanic guys, turks etc etc

• horses for courses. everyone has their type.

you need to get talking to one of these blond lads.

What Girls Said 3

• Kinda the same with me. The guys I tend to like aren't interested and I have pretty lax standards in comparison to you. Unfortunately the rare moments they are interested, I somehow blow it. /facepalm

• Sometimes the ones that could make us insanely happy are the ones we didn't expect. You're expecing blond/blue eyes. You're not having an open mind. I'm dating someone I didn't expect to date... but he makes me happy... for the most part. =)

• Maybe because you seem to think relationships are based on personal appearance preferences?