I wrongly accused my girlfriend.. feel like an idiot?

Accused her of cheating.. rolled up on her. She proved me wrong felt like an idiot. We are long distance right now because I'm going through my military training and I'm just getting mentally beat from it. I explained to her that I've had a girl cheat on me in the past while I was away overseas. Said im not the jealoud type and she can tell me about other guys I don't care. She loves me man I don't know why I didn't see it. Think she is thinking lower of me now?

can't help but think she post a little respect for me because of this.
Well yeah I suppose it's normal to worry about that especially given the circumstance that were in barley can see each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not that big of a deal to occasionally get worried about things like that, so I'm sure your girlfriend will get over it soon. However, if it really bothers you you can just explain to her that you trust her, just feel a little apprehensive when it comes to things like that due to having been cheated on in the past.

Once she sees that you're 'accusations' were not so much geared at her but more as a result from things that happened in the past, I'm sure she'll understand. :)

What Girls Said 5

• You took your insecurities form another relationship and you dumped them on her. You punished her for something someone else did. You need to deal with your trust issues or none of your relationships will last if you go accusing people of cheating without good reason. Sorry if that's harsh.

• I mean there were things adding up to it that lead me to believe somwthing might be happening. Wasn't out of no where.

• You either trust her or you don't.

• I do now.

• She's probably pretty pissed off and with good reason. It sucks that you were cheated on before, but it make a person feel shitty when you punish them for someone else's mistakes.

If she didn't dump you over the accusation, then she'll probably move on from it, just like any other fight.

• If she loves you, she loves you. My boyfriend has had the same issue, and I have understood, we discussed it and moved on. You are a team. Be as open as possible with your worries/fears. Yes, she has a right to be upset. Everyone has a right to their emotions, but with good communication, you will come out stronger after this.

• It depends on what you said. For example "I knew you'd do this" would bother her more than "I can't believe you'd do this".
    She's probably hurt and will be thinking about it until she gets over it, but if you told her about your past relationship I'm sure she'll be understanding and won't make it a bigger deal than it is.

• i would be very sad and disappointed at u than be mad
    accusing ur gf / not trusting her shows ur level of love for her
    it's just sad that u did that

What Guys Said 4

• Leave her, focus on your military training for now until you build a relationship, it will make you more ready and you will be in a better position. You need to get over your trust issues and this is not the environment to do it.

• I agree but this girl is a trooper she's here for anything.

• That is besides the point, you want what is best for you, for her, and for your military training, being together is probably costly for all three of those.

• Can you fly her in to see you when you finish boot camp, or whatever training it is?

• Yeah we're moving in together soon. In march actually.

• Still my respect. Camp Pendleton is no fun either.

• Yeah no doubt. Thanks

• She's likely just hurt that you didn't trust her.

• Its only a douche bag move if there was no proof

• Things added up.. but it was just a miscommunication.

• Explain yourself and don't feel shame if you love her.