Girl Nerds: How did y'all get into relationships?

Seriously ladies. How did you do it? I need some tips.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• I consider myself a nerd, not the gamer (geeks) but the refined knowledge kind... My question is do you go for shy or confident guys? Because being nerdy/smart doesn't define personality type

• Neither shy not confident. Probably a mixture of both- since I too am shy in certain situations, confident in others.

• practice makes perfect lol.

I don't know. probably not all that well. i like bantering with people, but that isn't necessarily flirting with them in my opinion, though maybe others might interpret it as such.

• Well let me give give you some knowledge on what typical guys do for flirting
      He'll try to go out of his way to sit next to you/talk to you
      Eye contact is a big thing
      Make you laugh, playfully tease you, establish physical contact (hugs, tickling, touch on arm/back etc..)
      For a really shy guy: He'll just to be close to you and might look more than often but will not say anything until you approach him lol sad life :(

• Uhhhhhhh go to the bookstore, Kiri and start chatting up the dudes who are reading weird stuff.

I guarantee that I would at least talk to a girl for five minutes if we were in a bookstore talking about random smarty stuff.

• Oh dear... well I'm not a girl @harakiri but... at age 39 I'm still single :-(
    Gosh I hope I didn't discourage you there. Let me add that I'm absolutely not unhappy in life!
    Just looking out to meet a girl to love :-)

• I don't know how you remain so positive hans :x i'm almost 25 and freaaaaaaaaaaaking out. :x

• Well, I just need to be patient... you know, in the age category between 30 and 40 most ladies are in a relationship. It's not easy to meet someone who's free and interested!
      I've tried online dating sites but this age category is the one with the lowest number of single ladies. I've been on a dating site for months. The one lady I liked a lot chose another guy after a few weeks of chatting up and down with a major sense of comfort. But apart from that... most girls you message won't even answer.
      One time I tried messaging 15 in a very kind way. Just 1 answered but was not really interested. Not easy :-)

• They hang out at their local library and comic book store waiting for male nerds approach. You a nerd, D=.

• Sorry your too cool to be a nerd :D.

• i don't live anywhere NEAR a comic book store lmao :p

• If I remember correctly Stuart's comic book store burned down quite a few of episodes ago so I see why their is no comic book store near where you live. I wouldn't worry too much about having trouble getting into a relationship, lot's of guys (ones secure about their manhood) prefer nerdy girls over traditional girls. I prefer Nerdy girls as they are the best (my best female friend was a Nerdy Girl) :D.

• Well as you know, I'm a big nerdy girl. I found my lover by the seashore. It was very romantic. By the way, I bought a parakeet. She's pretty :)

• lmfao. what's the parakeet's name? :D

• lmao! i'll check it out :D

• Have you tried okcupid?

• I know i am 3 days late to the party but i must tell you kiri that you are an amazing girl and you should know it! There is one thing getting in your way though and thats your education. Your always so busy studying that you don't allow yourself the time to find the right person and fall in love.

I personally think your personality is great and i always see you in those who's pretty on gag questions being mentioned by someone. You have a lot to offer but are to busy to put yourself out there and have someone notice.

So just keep patiently waiting until your life takes a spin, once you have more time to meet more people he will eventually show up and,,,,, well you know what i could have possibly mentioned there.

• "I like the same shit you like... but I have a vagina!"

• I thought you already were in a relationship I saw your profile it said in a relationship.

• i killed him. :x

• i scattered his appendages all over the continental U. S. :D

• Just be very confident and believe in yourself I shouldn't even had to tell you your probably more confident than I am for all I know, but I see plenty of nerdy girls who are proud to wear that title and have a boyfriend. I understand what you mean because most nerdy guys are shy even the ones you described like the scientist types.

• First find sum who make your heart skip a beat then rest goes. Just like click or blinking Or second thoughts I'M LOOKING FORWARD FOR A NICE GIRL HOW HAVE light in is eye and sun in her smile

• I'm no expert. But I think getting into a relationship comes down to three things. Common interests, shared values, and good timing. There's not a lot you can do about the third, but you can do some work on the first two. Try new things. You may find a new interest or passion that will lead to someone who shares that. Expose yourself to lots of different ideas and ways of viewing the world. That will shape the things you value and you may find yourself with common ground with someone you might not have otherwise.
    As for timing the only thing I can prescribe is patience. Two people liking each other at the same time is a kind of miracle. I can't tell you the number of times I've liked someone who liked me, but not at the same time as I liked them (did that make sense) You moment will come! And for what it's worth I'm waiting for my moment too. So know you're not alone. Happy Hunting. :)

• Step 1. Get married to your soulmate.
    There is no 2.

• Conventions are a fantastic place to meet people. Also look locally for game or comic/anime stores, or any sort of place that represents your nerdom. There's a place where I live that sells board and card games as well as candy. Often have people there every day playing something.

• You could try playing Pokemon or Magic the Gathering with the nerdy guys at lunchtime instead of sitting with the preppy kids and trying to be popular. I mean, there are so few nerd girls, and so many nerd guys, that if you're having trouble getting a boyfriend then it's probably because you're chasing the wrong kind of guy, hanging with the wrong crowd, or making yourself seem unattainable to the nerd guys.. I've noticed the kind of friends you keep on here, and I must say, if you do that kind of thing in real life, no wonder the nerds don't want to date you...

• Yo, Magic the Gathering is so sick! I wish I wasn't so bad at it.

• It's not that you don't play their games, it's that you shun them. Heck, I don't even date gamer girls or nerd girls because they tend to shun games the exact same way you do even if they play them themselves. I'd rather date a non-nerd girl who doesn't play games but also doesn't mind if I do it. I've actually found non-nerd girls to be a lot more accepting of it. You're basically asking for a jock who doesn't play sports when you ask for a nerd who isn't a gamer. Gaming is HEAVILY ingrained into nerd culture because it was our escape from reality for around a decade. An escape that was much needed because of people like you looking down their noses at them and bullying them. You think my experience of being a nerd is limited? No, my experience is much more typical, as most people go to public schools. I was in a gifted class myself, we did have some jocks in there, but I wouldn't call them nerds. There is such a thing as nerd culture, not all bookworms or gifted people are nerds.

• Harakiri, never said anything negative about gamers. She just doesn't want a bf with only interest in games (I think) She wants a boyfriend with interest in science.

Now I do agree with most guys into Science/lit/philophilo, are most likely going to be gamers.

• maybe playing video games with them and kicking the nerd guys butt sometimes and the nerd guy kicking her butt sometimes in the game and they are like whoa i like you and whoo hoo relationship time.

• Let me know when you figure that out lol, having the same problem but with the ladies :/

• As a guy who had a gamer/nerdy ex-

-Play the games that are "out"

Destiny

Call of Duty

Halo

There's a long list of games.

Talk about a lot of unisex gaming/comics/things a lot of boys/men would be into.

Minecraft is a big one, too.

• Do you want a relationship with a guy nerd? There seem to be far more male nerds than female nerds, so if you're interested in dating a fellow nerd I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard as you'll be in the minority (being female). Just hang out with nerdy people nd see if you click with any of them.

• A science/lit/philo guy nerd. Apparently people assume that nerd = gamer. I don't want a gamer.

• what would you say is preventing dates from turning into relationships?

• I wish I new, maybe I just need more practice. There were a couple girls I met who I would have liked a relationship with but they weren't interested. Hopefully if I meet enough people I'll find one I'm interested who is also interested in me...

What Girls Said 3

• Get some lady eggs and ask them out, and DON'T hide your nerdiness ever. You really have nothing to lose by chatting up the next dude who interests you. If it goes well, great. If it goes shittily, you'll have a bruised ego for a couple of days but nothing bad will come of it.

• ... or you could just help me hunt down a dude. YOU PROMISED. :p

• but the box trap is EASIER :p sure, bloodier too... but oh well :D

• Work smarter not harder.

• I don't consider myself a nerd girl, but what about getting with a nerd guy?

• That is what I want. But not gamers. Science/lit/philo nerds.

• "most nerds are gamers" Yeah I tried to tell her this and she threw a big hissy fit. XD

• Maybe check out forums for astrophotography, remote control planes, etc and more hardcore scientific hobbies. For those who use telescopes etc, go to a Star Party hosted by a local astonomy group. The have them usually once a month and you hang out at night talking and looking through telescopes. Even those that aren't in your age group would know of a guy who is.

• Haha I wonder the same thing xD