Was it really that serious that I asked him if he wanted to get a joint bank account?

I'm going to be traveling abroad for about two years. I thought it would be a good idea for me to be able to put money into an account in case he needed help with rent, or wanted to buy a ticket to come see me. I also wanted to make sure he had enough for health care insurance. I didn't think anything of it, but he asked me if I really wanted to be that "serious" with him. I said no... I take care of my own. Money is not a problem for me at this point in my life, if I have it I'll help. I know he doesn't make a lot, so I don't want him to struggle when he has no one to depend on if he loses his job etc.

I think I made a mistake by asking him this, because now he wants to know if I want to move in. I don't want to be like a married couple right now. I wouldn't be living with him for very long, but still it is very personal.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Yea a joint bank account is a serious step