What would I say my relationship status is?

Me and this guy are kind of together at uni, like we spend most days together (not all day, but I spend time with him every day), but we're not what people would call "official". We both like each other, and it's not like it's all secret where no one knows because we hold hands etc. in public often. But, I've come home for Christmas and people keep asking me about my 'love life' and if there's a guy. My answer is obviously yes, but then they ask me if he's my boyfriend, and I don't know how to reply because we're not.. but then he's not just some random guy I'm 'seeing' either. What do I say to people who ask me whether he's my boyfriend or not? I don't want to freak him out if he thought I'd been telling people at home we're in a relationship because it's only like the start of something if you get what I mean? It's so awkward trying to describe it to people. Has anyone else been in this situation? and if so, how did you deal with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I call it a Crushationship. It's the half way point between being friends and being boyfriend/girlfriend.
    It's the step where you usually have a couple of dates to get yourself acquainted with the person more.
    However it sounds like you already know this person a lot, so I would suggest you dive right in and ask them to be your boyfriend. :) If you feel a connection and you both hold hands, he should say yes!

I've only been in this situation once, that's because the girl was unsure if she actually wanted to have a relationship at the time. We still held hands and hung out a lot, yet she never actually showed her affection,
    Eventually she found out she didn't actually want a relationship at all yet, and that she wanted to stay single longer. So she decided to "ease" me into rejection by saying she was asexual (unable to feel attraction for either gender).
    This is how I dealt with it (as you asked), I did get a little mad because I knew she was lying to me... However I didn't yell at her, I actually tried to understand her situation.
    So if you think that your partner is unsure about your crushationship or a future relationship then you should speak with them about it.

What Guys Said 2

• You can say you're starting things with a guy, but slowly and it's still not official. If you don't say you're starting, you can say you're trying to start. That's how I would say.

• Complicated

What Girls Said 2

• If I were in your shoes, sweetie, and having to answer, if 'People would would ask me,' which with the holidays coming up, one never knows about mom or even an Aunt Bessie to boot, just simply tell them you have a 'Close friend' at uni and we hang out a lot right now.
    In a sticky situation like yours at this point and time, if you are both Not dating, like going to a movie or out to eat sort of deal, just hanging out in the halls holding hands and are simply nursing and nurturing This to begin with, then I would merely slap a 'Close friends' relationship on it for now because it hasn't gone any further down the row from where I am sitting.
    However, if you do start to to go Out, like true date mates, then of course the title would change to "We're dating" right now until another title has been initiated where you are Exclusive with This and then, later, Official when it has been decided by both parties to become------One.
    Good luck, Happy Holidays... you are doing just fine here.

• Y dont u just talk to him about it? Just say u want to make sure both of u are on the same page.